Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Ticket for Leaving a Vehicle Unattended at an Airport

We have explained why they received the ticket. Now you can explain it to them. The number of vehicles present is irrelevant to it being a violation.

From what my mom has told me because I was inside at the time she said the police officer walked up to her and told her to move it and she said alright I will but my daughter is coming out right now, as I was. Then he left and she thought he understood but he came back with his ticket pad and stated writing us a ticket. But another question is why did he write only us a ticket, there were plenty of cars in front and behind us doing the same thing but he completely ignored them. We even tried asking him that but he ignored us then too.

Quote Quoting axca108
    View Post
    From what my mom has told me because I was inside at the time she said the police officer walked up to her and told her to move it and she said alright I will but my daughter is coming out right now, as I was. Then he left and she thought he understood but he came back with his ticket pad and stated writing us a ticket. But another question is why did he write only us a ticket, there were plenty of cars in front and behind us doing the same thing but he completely ignored them. We even tried asking him that but he ignored us then too.
    Was your mother sitting in the driver's seat of the car with the motor running?

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Was your mother sitting in the driver's seat of the car with the motor running?
    The motor was running and she said she'd go in right then but he wouldn't have it. I was walking to the car with all my luggage at that time anyways, I was already in the terminal. Plus other people were standing outside of their cars in the same lane waiting for their passengers too but he only gave us the ticket then went back to directing traffic.

What happened to anybody else is irrelevant.

Your mother did not move the car when she said she would. You say so yourself. I suspect you pissed off the cop when your father moved the car after being told do so only after saying his passenger was right there then abused the allowance by walking back into the terminal. The cop was allowing you to load, not giving your Father Time to retrieve your luggage from somewhere in the terminal.

Then when your mother used the same excuse the cop had enough and wrote the ticket. If your mother moved when told and didn't delay; no ticket. If she not only didn't move but used the same excuse to delay as your father; ticket.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    What happened to anybody else is irrelevant.

Your mother did not move the car when she said she would. You say so yourself. I suspect you pissed off the cop when your father moved the car after being told do so only after saying his passenger was right there then abused the allowance by walking back into the terminal. The cop was allowing you to load, not giving your Father Time to retrieve your luggage from somewhere in the terminal.

Then when your mother used the same excuse the cop had enough and wrote the ticket. If your mother moved when told and didn't delay; no ticket. If she not only didn't move but used the same excuse to delay as your father; ticket.
    But I don't understand why we got a ticket when that area we were in was meant for things like that. So lets say everyone else around is irrelevant, that area is still what that is for. There wasn't any no parking sign, now yellow sign saying don't cross, and we were not disturbing the flow of traffic in the lane next to us at all. The lane we were in was all parked cars. Another officer told us we could park there, he even apologized to us after we told him what happened and he said he had no clue why the other officer gave us the ticket.

Default Re: A Police Officer Gave My Dad a Ticket and Threaten to Arrest Him for No Solid Rea

Quote Quoting axca108
    View Post
    The vehicle was attended.
    Not by your admission. Your mother was not in the car and she wasn't the driver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting axca108
    View Post
    But I don't understand why we got a ticket when that area we were in was meant for things like that.
    It's NOT meant for that. It's never been meant for that. It's only for those actively loading and unloading passengers and their luggage. If you have to run and get luggage or whatever, you're really supposed to get it in the lot. Cops here used to chase you off the loading area during the busy times to keep things flowing. Now given the high level of security theatre they NEVER let you do what you want to do.

Quote Quoting axca108
    View Post
    But I don't understand why we got a ticket when that area we were in was meant for things like that. So lets say everyone else around is irrelevant, that area is still what that is for. There wasn't any no parking sign, now yellow sign saying don't cross, and we were not disturbing the flow of traffic in the lane next to us at all. The lane we were in was all parked cars. Another officer told us we could park there, he even apologized to us after we told him what happened and he said he had no clue why the other officer gave us the ticket.
    Look, whichever of your parents actually got the ticket can attempt to argue the ticket in court. I don't think that they will get anywhere with it, but they have the right to do that. You keep repeating the same things here isn't going to make our answers any different.

Alright, if you guys believe that the ticket was correct then I'll deal with it. I didn't come on here to argue getting rid of my ticket as I said before, I just wanted to know my family wasn't wronged. I am probably much younger so I have no room to argue about the law. If you guys believe the officer was right then I will listen but I can't ever forget this case. If you guys believe the ticket was in the right then that's fine. Although I still will have the feeling we were wronged at some point somehow. But I will not act upon it, just remember it as a lesson. We will just pay the ticket and continue on with our lives. Thank you all for your time and help with this thread.

The police officer was being courteous to your family from the beginning and gave you far to many warnings to move your vehicle.

The first warning was when you were inside the terminal. That is when your father stated that you were coming out. The officer then came back and asked them to move once again, that is when you came outside. That was your second warning to move the vehicle.

You and your father went inside the terminal to collect your luggage leaving your mother outside with the vehicle. The officer came back and issued your mother yet again, another warning making this the third and final warning to move the vehicle. Your mother stated that you were coming right outside. The officer left and came back again while you and your father was walking outside, this is when the officer wrote the ticket.

The area you were in was a no parking zone. You are allowed to stand while unloading and loading passengers and luggage, then you must immediately leave the area. So when you are inside waiting for luggage, using the restroom or getting directions, you are not allowed to park outside.

It is your family's fault that they received a ticket, so please don't play the race card because your mother and father speak broken English. They received the ticket because they were asked multiple time to move the vehicle and they didn't comply.

Then top it off, your father wants to argue with the officer about the ticket creating a scene and is then threatened with arrest if he didn't move the vehicle.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast