Default Unable to Obtain a Copy of My Credit Report

My question involves personal finance in the State of: California

Please help. I am having a very difficult time getting a copy of my credit report from Experian. In May of this year, I placed security freezes on all of my credit reports. This was confirmed by postal mail from Experian. In July, after losing my driver's license, I tried to check my credit report online with Experian, could not do so, and was asked to submit proof of identity to get it. At the time, I did not follow up, as I believed that the existing credit freeze would make it impossible for anyone to attempt to steal my id. I think that that was a big mistake.

I recently request my credit report through annual credit report. I was asked to answer a bunch of questions -- all of which I answered accurately (or so I thought). However, the system claimed that it was unable to verify my identity, and that the report would be sent to the address on file. That was over a month ago.

About 15 days ago, when no credit report arrived, I tried to obtain it again. At this time, I got an error message saying that the credit report has already been mailed out to the address on file.

As I had never received the report, and as the system had claimed that it could not verify my identity when I requested it, I suspected that the "address on file" was not mine at all. So, I followed their procedure to request a duplicate copy of the report. This involved submitting proof of my identity (copy of my driver's license and utility bill). I also sent in a $20 overnight processing fee to Experian via priority mail. The proof of delivery and signature confirmation was returned last Friday but there is no credit report yet from Experian. They also have not yet cashed the $20 check.

I am starting to panic. There seems to be no way of getting a human being on the listed phone number for Experian and the automated system sends me around in circle.

Please help. Could the fact that the credit report never arrived in the mail signal identity theft ? I have lived at this address for a while, so I am suspicious and worried. I did tell Experian in the letter requesting a duplicate copy of the report that my preferred mailing address is a PO Box that I have also owned for a couple of years. Could this have created any problems ?

Please help me.

Default Re: Unable to Obtain a Copy of My Credit Report

If your check has not cleared, odds are it has not been processed. Did you get a tracking number for your letter, and confirm delivery? Have you called Experian's customer service?

Default Re: Unable to Obtain a Copy of My Credit Report

Quote Quoting CreditBureau
    View Post

Please help. Could the fact that the credit report never arrived in the mail signal identity theft ? I have lived at this address for a while, so I am suspicious and worried. I did tell Experian in the letter requesting a duplicate copy of the report that my preferred mailing address is a PO Box that I have also owned for a couple of years. Could this have created any problems ?
    Have you had any trouble getting your reports from Transunion and Equifax?

1. Sponsored Links