Default Criminally Charged After Going to Somebody's House to Recover Stolen Property

My question involves civil rights in the State of: NC. I went to someone's house to get a skateboard that did not belong to them. Knocked on the door and went to the side door because I knew they were home. The people at the residence are drug users so I had a wooden tool for self defense purposes. Anyways, after 30 minutes or so of being at their house and after I told them all I wanted was the board, I hear the guy talk about shooting me inside the house. Long story short, they call the cops and tell them I was going all over the house beating on the Windows. I was more than respectful for the first 20 and then pounded about 4 times a little louder on the front door. The cops come down the road and I start walking towards the driveway because I figured I could sort it out, I notice the wood sticking out so I stupidly tried to conceal it in an attempt to reduce confrontation. They pull up about the same time that I enter the middle of the driveway, and the cops gets out of the car and draws a gun on me because i saw me putting the wood back in my pocket seconds earlier and I comply, remind him I'm not a threat and they insist on cuffing me so I resist, not fighting back just bucking up. I got the ground on my own terms and they charged me with resisting an officer obstruction of an investigation and destruction of government property. They failed to read my Miranda rights. They claim I broke both their body cams (the two cops) i dont know what to because all I did was stand up assertively to a cop who pulled a gun on me for fear of his life, reminded him I was never a danger to him and got arrested.

Default Re: Unjust Arrest

So you went onto someone else's property, armed, in order to retrieve something which wasn't yours. And then, when the police turned up, you resisted arrest?

Is that right so far?

Quote Quoting Sodaa SkateeJunt
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: NC. I went to someone's house to get a skateboard that did not belong to them. Knocked on the door and went to the side door because I knew they were home. The people at the residence are drug users so I had a wooden tool for self defense purposes. Anyways, after 30 minutes or so of being at their house and after I told them all I wanted was the board, I hear the guy talk about shooting me inside the house. Long story short, they call the cops and tell them I was going all over the house beating on the Windows. I was more than respectful for the first 20 and then pounded about 4 times a little louder on the front door. The cops come down the road and I start walking towards the driveway because I figured I could sort it out, I notice the wood sticking out so I stupidly tried to conceal it in an attempt to reduce confrontation. They pull up about the same time that I enter the middle of the driveway, and the cops gets out of the car and draws a gun on me because i saw me putting the wood back in my pocket seconds earlier
    1. You WERE a THREAT and a DANGER to them. You were an armed unknown suspect that had a very serious 911 call placed against them.
    2.Most likely the 911 call was made of a madman with a weapon trying to gain access to an occupied dwelling.
    3. The officer was notified from his dispatch of the 911 call of that situation. When the officer arrived on scene, he seen you try to conceal that weapon, he pointed his gun at you because you were armed. He may have or may not have known what that weapon was, but his actions were totally justified.

View Post
    and I comply, remind him I'm not a threat
    Once again, you WERE a very serious THREAT and a DANGER to the police officers as well as the occupants of the dwelling.

View Post
    and they insist on cuffing me so I resist, not fighting back just bucking up.
    I'm glad that you know that you were resisting so we don't have to explain that to you. But if you want to know why they wanted to cuff you, it was for the police officers protection as well as your own.

View Post
    I got the ground on my own terms and they charged me with resisting an officer obstruction of an investigation and destruction of government property. They failed to read my Miranda rights.
    Being that you were detained, the police would only be required to read you the Miranda Warning if they were to question you. You can speak with your lawyer if they didn't read them to you. If they were required to read them, they violated your Fifth Amendment.

View Post
    They claim I broke both their body cams (the two cops) i dont know what to because all I did was stand up assertively to a cop who pulled a gun on me for fear of his life, reminded him I was never a danger to him and got arrested.
    Police officers just don't walk around with broken body cameras. If the cameras were broken in an interaction with you while trying to detain or take you into custody, that would justify the charge of "destruction of government property".

Just for shits and giggles, why didn't you call the police in the first place to recover your skateboard?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

I don't think it was his skateboard...

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I don't think it was his skateboard...
    If it were his skateboard, it would have been stupid to do what he did. I don't know what to call it if it wasn't his skateboard...

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    If it were his skateboard, it would have been stupid to do what he did. I don't know what to call it if it wasn't his skateboard...
    I'm in complete agreement.

I am withholding further comment.

Either this a guy is a moron or he is a troll that has done a great job making himself look like a moron.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Either this a guy is a moron or he is a troll that has done a great job making himself look like a moron.
    I pick ... oh. That's not fair. How am I meant to pick between those two if they're both true?!

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I'm going with troll...

"remind him I'm not a threat and they insist on cuffing me so I resist, not fighting back just bucking up. I got the ground on my own terms and they charged me with resisting an officer obstruction of an investigation and destruction of government property. They failed to read my Miranda rights. They claim I broke both their body cams (the two cops) i dont know what to because all I did was stand up assertively to a cop who pulled a gun on me for fear of his life, reminded him I was never a danger to him and got arrested."

You are lucky the Police Officers didn't shoot and kill you. By your own admission you did resist arrest and the officers. And I have no doubt that you broke their body cams.

1. Sponsored Links