Default Bench Warrant for Unpaid Ticket

About4 years ago, I was on my bike and ran a red light, while riding my bicycle....a motorcyclist cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I was a college student and scared, did not have any money, so I just pretended that the ticket was not there......4 years later, i found out my liscense has been suspended and there is a bnech warrant issued.....what do I do?? I will pay the fine, I was stupid then, I just don't want to spend time in jail...please help!

Default License Suspended due to Unpaid Ticket

Realistically, if you take care of the ticket proactively, and don't drive until you have a valid license, you have only a slight chance of going to jail. If, however, you drive on a suspended license your odds go way up.

So, contact the court where the ticket was issued, find out their protocol for paying the outstanding fine, check with your state's DMV to see if there is a reinstatement fee for your license, and pay all the fines. That should resolve the matter, and allow you to get your license restored.

but with the bench warrant do i have to show up to court?? should i get a lawyer?

Default Bench Warrant

If you contact the court, they will tell you whether you can resolve the ticket without showing up in court. Using a lawyer may facilitate the resolution of the bench warrant, although it may not be necessary.

I contactted the court, they gave me a number to the sheriffs office...what does that mean? I haven't called it yet...anyone have any suggestions? please help! I am making myself sick because of this. should I contact a lawyer.

Default Bench Warrant

It sounds like they instructed you to contact the Sheriff's office to determine the process for turning yourself in on the charge, and possibly to find out about bail requirements. Using a lawyer may facilitate the resolution of the bench warrant, although it may not be necessary.

do you think i would benefit from using a lawyer? I will do anything, I just don't wanna get arrested or spend time in jail.

1. Sponsored Links