Post Conviction for Possession of Marijuana

My question involves criminal law for the state of: My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Jersey and New York. I had possesion of marijuanna in the 4th Drgree in New jersey. Im confused my paper work says Type felony. Final charge misdemeanor and outcome conviction. Which is it? I got 2 years probation. I want to be an officer in New york because their drug statues are different.

Default Re: Conviction for Possession of Marijuana

You have told us that your final charge was a misdemeanor and that you were convicted of that charge. Odds are that your original charge was a felony.

Default Re: Conviction for Possession of Marijuana

What "paperwork?" New Jersey doesn't have felonies or misdemeanors but rather (indictable) crimes and disorderly persons offenses.
    Further, you have some holes in your story. There's no such thing as "possession of marijuana in the fourth degree." There is the crime of possession of a controlled substance which is a crime of the fourth degree (which would be more than 50g of marijuana or 5g of hashish). Other states would consider this a felony.

You want to be an officer? That's probably unlikely no matter what the drugs statutes are. You certainly will have to report your conviction on your application and be prepared to do some explaining if your application isn't rejected out of hand.

1. Sponsored Links