Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Suicide After Criticism by a Counselor

My question relates to legal practice in the state of: Indiana

Due to the negligence of the school's counseling center and the criticism by the counselor, a student with severe depression committed suicide. It seem belonging to Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death, but most Medical Malpractice lawyers don't deal with mental health (psychiatric malpractice) cases. When I search for "psychiatric malpractice", I couldn't find any lawyer.

Additionally, a drug company knowingly sold controlled drug to the person who took the drug and killed himself. Again, what kind of lawyer should I hire to sue this company?

Appreciate your advice.

Greg

Default Re: What Kind of Lawyer Should I Look for

Quote Quoting gyyang
    View Post
    My question relates to legal practice in the state of: Indiana

Due to the negligence of the school's counseling center and the criticism by the counselor, a student with severe depression committed suicide. It seem belonging to Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death, but most Medical Malpractice lawyers don't deal with mental health (psychiatric malpractice) cases. When I search for "psychiatric malpractice", I couldn't find any lawyer.

Additionally, a drug company knowingly sold controlled drug to the person who took the drug and killed himself. Again, what kind of lawyer should I hire to sue this company?

Appreciate your advice.

Greg
    No, a drug company did not sell a controlled drug to an individual. Drug companies sell to wholesale companies who sell to pharmacies who dispense controlled items to end users who present a valid prescription.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

There are plenty of medmal attorneys who will take on a mental health case - if there is one to be made, at least. If an attorney won't take the case on contingency they're typically hinting that there's either no case, or it's just not worth litigating.

Drug companies don't sell drugs to the public so what exactly are you trying to say?

Thank you Dogmatique! The company is not a regular drug company. It's biochemical company which primarily sells material. It sells its products to anyone. I tired to make it simpler, but caused confusion instead. So do you have any idea what kind of lawyer can work on this kind case? Thanks again.

Who are you in this picture? What relationship did you have with the decedent?

as to the drug company; selling "materials" is not the same as selling a pharma product. What are you talking about when you talk of "materials"?

If somebody buys chemicals which are not being sold as medication, and chooses to use them as medication, that would not make the manufacturer liable.

I have a nasty feeling I know where this is going.

OP - what's your relationship to the person, what was the product supplied, and how was it obtained?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I have a nasty feeling I know where this is going.

OP - what's your relationship to the person, what was the product supplied, and how was it obtained?
    I am the parent. The product was ordered online. I would not mention the product name, but the seller knew it's illegal to make the transaction, so shipped it under fake name.

If you refuse to name the product, we cannot help you.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    If you refuse to name the product, we cannot help you.
    Do you guys really need to know the details, including my relationship with the person? How will this help determine what kind of lawyer I need? Will pain killer or heroin need to be handled by different kind of layers?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast