Default Claiming that Somebody Planted Drug Paraphernalia in Your Purse

My question involves defamation in the state of: Oregon

so I get stopped by Bi mart AP for not paying for a few items AP takes me upstairs and asks do you have anything in your purse? I empty my purse and show him their is nothing else in it. I leave my purse on the table and sit at the other end of the room while AP is writing his report. the phone rings and its the manager asking if my mother whom was in the truck waiting for me asked if she could come up AP say's yes she come into the office and sits at the table were my purse is located.

after the police arrive im asked normal question have you been arrested before for shoplifting? what happened I tell the cop im on post prison he calls my po and it just so happens that the one day a week she is out in our little town would be that same day
    So she's on her way down to talk with me at bi mart cop ask's do you have anything in your purse that is going to poke or stick me I answer NO. he opens my purse and pulls a needle out he says to my PO that he could see the needle when he picked up my purse that's why he asked. my po arrests me for a PV for lying about the needle not for shoplifting.

however before I was even placed in cuff someone in that room text my boyfriend son saying I was arrested and needles were found on me. No it was not my mother the cop turned a report over to da along with the AP report I need to see the report from the AP guy so I can see if he put in the report that when we entered the office I emptied my purse and no needle was in their at the time especially not one that would be visible while picking up the purse. DA says it is under review and they have up to three years to file. I called bimart seeing if I could talk to AP guy and get a statement they said they do not give statements

hard to believe this but my mother planted the needle in my purse.

is it normal to allow family in the office were your being detained? cant I get the employee untroubled for texting my boyfriends son saying I had needles on me and was being arrested for shoplifting when the needle was not mine and I was being booked on a pv not shoplifting?

Default Re: Momther Plants a Needle in Purse, Employee Text Boyfriend Bfor Im Even Arrested

I'm having a hard time understanding the ungrammatical, misanthropic, rambling. You should consult a lawyer. There's no duty of privacy by store clerks when dealing with criminals.
    A lawyer can certainly (if I understand this story right) bring in the evidence that the store clerk had identified the purse as empty when it was taken from you.

But I don't buy a word of this rant.

Default Re: Claiming that Somebody Planted Drug Paraphernalia in Your Purse

You can have your criminal defense lawyer investigate whether there were video cameras in the store's office, and if so whether the incident was recorded and if the recording is still available.
    Quote Quoting tinkerbella127
    View Post
    what happened I tell the cop im on post prison he calls my po and it just so happens that the one day a week she is out in our little town would be that same day
    You recently got out of prison, you're on parole, and you thought it was a good idea to steal?
    Quote Quoting tinkerbella127
    hard to believe this but my mother planted the needle in my purse.
    Pretty much impossible to believe, actually. Should we infer that mom is denying your accusation? When was the last time you passed a complete drug screen?
    Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    A lawyer can certainly (if I understand this story right) bring in the evidence that the store clerk had identified the purse as empty when it was taken from you.
    Sometimes the issue is that the paraphernalia is concealed within the purse, such as in the lining or a deep or hard-to-find pocket, such that it is possible to "empty" the purse without its being obvious that the paraphernalia remains inside. Sometimes the issue is that somebody has drugs or paraphernalia on their person and puts them into her purse, herself. Even if mom for some reason confesses to planting the syringe, the parole officer may choose to believe another explanation that would support the criminal charge.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Y
    Sometimes the issue is that the paraphernalia is concealed within the purse, such as in the lining or a deep or hard-to-find pocket, such that it is possible to "empty" the purse without its being obvious that the paraphernalia remains inside. Sometimes the issue is that somebody has drugs or paraphernalia on their person and puts them into her purse, herself. Even if mom for some reason confesses to planting the syringe, the parole officer may choose to believe another explanation that would support the criminal charge.
    It doesn't sound like it was concealed. The person who discovered it said he could see it before he picked up the purse.

It wasn't concealed at the time it was discovered. That doesn't mean that the OP herself didn't put it there, whether to get it off of her person or because of an incomplete prior attempt to sneak it out of her purse before a more thorough search was made. It also doesn't mean that it wasn't among the stuff that she dumped out of her purse, ending up back on top when she put it back into her purse -- after all, the LP was looking for more stolen items, not whether she was a drug user.

I would still be looking into the possibility of surveillance footage, but I suspect that if there's decent video in the room mom's going to end up being cleared.

It always amazes me that a person can hold themselves to such a casual standard of honesty, as in "I took a few items without paying" (no big deal) but then be so outraged and incensed if everybody else does not tell the strictest truth, and act so shocked if someone else does something similar to their common every day behavior? ("Hard to believe this, but my mother planted the needle in my purse!")

So maybe Mom did it. Maybe she wants to get you out of the house because she's tired of you. Maybe she thought you needed to be caught and violated because you were using drugs again. Maybe she was afraid she would be searched and wanted to get rid of her stuff. But in any case, whether she did or did not plant drug paraphernalia in your purse, no one is going to pay much attention to your complaint and your demand for proof and your cries that you have been wronged. The store was wronged. You stole from them. Yes, the parole officer can choose to believe that was your drug paraphernalia even if she swears that she did it and the clerk swears your purse was empty before Mom came in. They may think they need to remove you from the environment, because most mothers don't carry needles around ready to plant in their child's purse anyhow. This placement isn't a good place for one of her caseload to be in. Somebody around there is stealing, and somebody close to this scene is using drugs.

Why do some people's arguments and defenses sound so good to them and yet they're missing the much greater issues?

Because they're using drugs.

And shoplifting may also be a PV and it gets added back to your problems ....

Quote Quoting HRinDEVON
    View Post
    And shoplifting may also be a PV and it gets added back to your problems ....
    Yeah, probation and parole normally make don't commit new crimes a condition so shoplifting would definitely be a violation. Whether it is one OP's PO would act on, who knows?

Quote Quoting aardvarc
    View Post
    Because they're using drugs.
    Right, and if so, I wouldn't put it past mom if mom was showing "tough love". An addict would only get court appointed treatment if it were a drug related offence and not a shoplifting offence.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links