Default Pursuing a Business Idea With a Possible Conflict of Interest With Your Employer

My question involves business law in the state of: North Carolina

Hi,

I am currently working for a software company in the state of North Carolina. I have an idea and a design for eCommerce business in the retail market segment and would like to approach both vendors (such as JcPenny, Belk, etc..) as well as angel investors with my proposal. I would like to do this to get their feedback about my proposal before I quit my job and pursue this dream. I am reasonably sure my idea does not have conflict with the core business activities of my company and policies (based on my employment contract) but I was not sure if conflict of interest can have broader meaning as well. Any advice on how I need to approach this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Bagopa

Default Re: Pursuing a Business Idea With a Possible Conflict of Interest With Your Employer

As you have a written employment contract, have it reviewed by an employment lawyer in your state, and have your lawyer advise you in relation to your business idea based upon the review of your contract and the full facts of your situation.

Default Re: Pursuing a Business Idea With a Possible Conflict of Interest With Your Employer

Thanks for your response.

-Bagopa

1. Sponsored Links