Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Will You Be Charged With Fraud for Lying About Income on a Credit Card Application

Hello, let me first by saying I know what I did was stupid. It was. I got in over my head and now I have no choice but to fix it.
    Im scared. I know that intentionally lying on credit card applications is Fraud, and can be prosecuted for and ruin the rest of my life becuase it is a felony charge.
    I have credit cards all with the same bank, I am not longer able to pay. About 3,000 dollars worth of debt, on the cards I can no longer continue to pay. Im scared becuase I have no choice but to default on them.

I am 20yrs old and working at a call center. I make about 24,000 a year but put down 40,000 on the applications.

I do not have any criminal record, ZERO.

What do you think the odds are of me being prosecuted, and being convicted and sentenced to jail time for fraud?

Would it be less likely to be prosecuted if the debt was sold to a debt buyer?

Default Re: Lied on Credit Card Application and Defualting, Will I Be Prosecuted

Ryan, did you not have these questions answered already?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Lied on Credit Card Application and Defualting, Will I Be Prosecuted

This is actually much more detailed. Are the chances greater of being prosecuted if they decide to sue as if they didn't and sold to debt collector?

I don't see this going anywhere criminally. It will be a civil matter.

Default Re: Will You Be Charged With Fraud for Lying About Income on a Credit Card Applicatio

I've read on the internet that being prosecuted for this is extremely rare. Is it really?

Default Re: Will You Be Charged With Fraud for Lying About Income on a Credit Card Applicatio

Yes,especially for this amount. They might sue you eventually but I doubt criminally it's gonna be an issue.

Quote Quoting tc498
    View Post
    Yes,especially for this amount. They might sue you eventually but I doubt criminally it's gonna be an issue.
    Yes, meaning its rare...and probably not going to happen? or Yes, the chances are high?

Ryan,

You truly do grow tiresome.

No nothing is gonna happen,your not gonna get arrested. Why not call and try to arrange some type of payment plan. Most credit cards have hardship programs.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast