Default Can You Get Emancipated Over the Way Your Parents Treat You

I am currently 15 years old and will be 16 in a few months and I live in Bush, Louisiana. I'm wanting to be emancipated because of the way my parents treat me. I have already contacted child protection and all they did was make my mom take me to the doctors. That's not what I wanted. It's been over a month since they talked to my mom (that I know of) and as far as I know of the case was dropped. But my parents still treat me the same way. Always threatening to beat me and kick me out and my dad hitting me for no reason at all. I'm wanting to know what it would take to be emancipated and what I would have to do.

Default Re: Help

Be at the age of majority, with the circumstances you've outlined here. In your state, that is 18 years old.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting kendra999
    View Post
    I am currently 15 years old and will be 16 in a few months and I live in Bush, Louisiana. I'm wanting to be emancipated because of the way my parents treat me. I have already contacted child protection and all they did was make my mom take me to the doctors. That's not what I wanted. It's been over a month since they talked to my mom (that I know of) and as far as I know of the case was dropped. But my parents still treat me the same way. Always threatening to beat me and kick me out and my dad hitting me for no reason at all. I'm wanting to know what it would take to be emancipated and what I would have to do.
    If you do not like your parents rules or how they talk to you, that is not grounds for emancipation in any state. If you are being physically assaulted then you may need to call the police when it occurs, or speak with a counselor at school about it. If that is happening you will NOT be emancipated, but, you may be taken by the police and child services and placed into foster care.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

If your parents were actually abusing you, CPS would have removed you and put you into foster care where you would be until your either turn 18 or the court makes you go back to your parents.

Default Re: Can You Get Emancipated Over the Way Your Parents Treat You

Quote Quoting kendra999
    View Post
    kendra, you haven't even tried to read the sticky posts here have you? How do you think a court would react if you couldn't even manage to research the options?

You're 15. You will not be emancipated. That's all there is to it.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Can You Get Emancipated Over the Way Your Parents Treat You

And in Lousiana, "emancipation" does NOT equal freedom from parental control.

1. Sponsored Links