Default SSI Back Pay Installment Payments

Hi I get SSDI and i do have back pay that SSI owes me i got a partial payment on may 6th and am due for my 2nd installment is on the 6th of Nov I have called SS and they are unalble to tell me how much my 2nd installmet will be that concerns me. My queston is is there any way they can withhold that installment?

Default Re: SSI Back Pay

Do you owe for any overpayments or have they found that you weren't entitled to the SSI back pay for any reason ?

They should have been able to tell you - I'm asking seriously, okay? But what did you ask for when you called? Or, when you got the award letter how much did it say you'd be getting, and can you just subtract May's check from the rest?

No i do not owe any back pay when i got the letter they said i would be getting $27,000 and change (was closer to $28,000) In may i got just under $3,000 so they still owe me just under $24,000 and GA and my laywer have been paid and again i do not owe them any backpay so i was woundering if it can be withheld for some reason. When i called i asked how much it would be and when i would get it i was told that i would get it on Nov 6th but she did not know the amount.

Quote Quoting sandman1221
    View Post
    No i do not owe any back pay when i got the letter they said i would be getting $27,000 and change (was closer to $28,000) In may i got just under $3,000 so they still owe me just under $24,000 and GA and my laywer have been paid and again i do not owe them any backpay so i was woundering if it can be withheld for some reason. When i called i asked how much it would be and when i would get it i was told that i would get it on Nov 6th but she did not know the amount.
    There is no possible way we would know what's going on.

That's up to you to find out.

You get 3 installments of SSI back pay. Chances are the second installment will be the same amount as the first one.

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0502101020

First two installments are 3 times the federal benefit rate ($733 in 2015) plus the state supplement in the state you are in. Final installment is the balance.

Makes no common sense. If SSI wants to be a Big Brother and save you from yourself by paying in installments, why would you be more capable a year later. But I have always had the cynical belief that it is a way that Congress can hold on to the SSI money longer so they can spend it elsewhere and pretend that there will be more money later, or that another Congress will figure out how to balance the budget.

1. Sponsored Links