Default Should I Request SMD Certification in a Discovery Request

My question involves traffic court in the State of: Washington

I'm using the template from Barry's Procedural Guide. However, I'm thinking about removing the part about SMD certification. My case is filed in a different municipality than the officer's police department. I'm hoping that the SMD is not on file with my municipal court and I could motion for suppression. I don't want to remind the prosecutor to go bug the other municipal for the certificate. Of course I'd go check with my court if they have the SMD cert once I get the officer's statement and the RADAR info.

Is this sound or am I totally off and should not modify the Discovery template from the Procedural guide?

Edit:
    I found out that the two municipalities use the same prosecuting attorney. I guess this makes my question somewhat pointless.

Default Re: Should I Request SMD Certification in a Discovery Request

It's also pointless because these days the radar records are obtained online in most cases and you'll not get them through discovery (though go ahead and ask).

1. Sponsored Links