Default Driving on a Suspended License While on Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Massachusetts

I was on probation for driving after suspension some time ago. While on probation I was arrested for OUI(2) and 35 days or so later I was arrested again for driving after a chemical test failure. At that point the substitute judge in court that day violated my probation and sentenced me to 10 days suspended in the HOC. Six months later I was caught driving again but never called in to court. Now the probation is up and it turns out that the reason I wasn't called in is because the court incorrectly marked me down as being sentenced (and completing) the 10 days, as opposed to getting a suspended sentence.

My PO for the OUI knows all of this and doesn't seem to care. I just want to stay out of trouble, get off probation and someday get my license back. Am I better off letting sleeping dogs lie or should I contact the court that screwed up and let them know the facts? I've never been to jail before and I don't want to go now, but I want to do what's best for the long term.

Default Re: Driving on a Suspended License While on Probation

Quote Quoting redsoxfan
    View Post
    ...it turns out that the reason I wasn't called in is because the court incorrectly marked me down as being sentenced (and completing) the 10 days, as opposed to getting a suspended sentence.
    To be clear, for the probation at issue, the court has issued a final order discharging you from probation as a violator, based upon your having (supposedly) being sentenced to and serving ten days in jail?

I haven't got anything like that in the mail. I've completed probation before and never received any sort of notice.

You need to find out, even if it means going to court and looking in the court file. We only know what you tell us, so if you don't know the basic facts there's not much we can do for you.

I'm going to have to think long and hard about that. Honestly, I'm inclined to just let sleeping dogs lie. Its not like I'm not in regular communication with my PO. If they want me it'll be easy for them to find me. Thank you.

1. Sponsored Links