Default Non-Compliance With Court-Ordered Drug Screenings and Hair Follicle Tests

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Massachusetts

2 minor chidlren ( ages 1 and 5) were removed from both biological married parents- Grandparents were given Temporary Guardianship since April 2015
    June 5th hearing the Judge ordered 90 days of random drug screening and 2 hair follicle tests
    and all parties were to retirn on Aug 31st-- the whole month of August the parents no showd to their drig screens and their last hair follicle yet no one infomred the jidge for Aug 31st and nothing has been done about their no shows -
    Isn't this contempt of court orders ?? how is it they can do as they choose and not answer to anyone
    The chidlren on Aug 31st remianed with the grandparents till the next court heaing on Januar 11, 2015
    Dcf is a joke and for the past 5 months have never had any confirmed information for the judge at all
    The chidlren are not in DCF custody- the parents are being followed for a service plan only- However the grandparents are court ordered to do supervised visits themselves 1x a week
    DCF has advised the parents to rescind all rights for information to be given to Grandparents- so they are not aware if the biologocal aprents are engaging or clean

what is DCF's position and what should they be ensuring and notifying of- ad why wouldnt the judge be aware of the no shows

Default Re: Court Ordered Drug Screenings and Hair Follicle Tests

Are you one of the grandparents?

If the parents are not complying with the court's order for drug tests, you can either bring a motion with the court over the issue of non-compliance asking for whatever relief you believe is appropriate, or you can choose not to bring it to the court's attention. If you went to court at the end of August, aware of the issue of no-shows for drug tests, but chose not to raise the issue at that time, that would be why the court did not address it at that time. If nobody brings the issue to the court's attention, the court won't be aware of the issue.

We have no way of telling you what DCF's position is, what they may have said to the parents or why. If you are not sure of your legal rights, you should consider retaining a lawyer to assist you.

Default Re: Court Ordered Drug Screenings and Hair Follicle Tests

THank you
    I am one of the grandparents and I was unaware till now - The probabtion department dropped the ball and did not notate the files- so when the guardian ad litem went to look before court he said there was no notations at all- Messed up !!!

Is there anywehere I can look up my rights I cannot afford a lawyer

1. Sponsored Links