My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

In the state of california if I allow my friend to borrow my car and he drives it to a different city without me knowing but still within state, if he gets into a fender bender, who is liable if the other party is claiming damages? Just to reiterate I
did allow permission to use my car although I didn't know he was driving it to a diff city within state. Both me and him have auto insurance.

How can I get his insurance company to pay for this accident?

THank you!