Default Delay in Pulling Over for a Police Vehicle

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: West Virginia

I erroneously took too long to pull over. At first I thought it was an ambulance. I thought pulling off after the exit would be safer then I stopped on the exit ramp then certain I was being pulled over. I slowed down on the highway but panicked thinking I shouldn't pull over on the side of the highway. I'm thinking to that charge I should plea guilty and explain my confusion hoping they will be less harsh for my mistake. I've never gotten a ticket until then. I was apparently pulled over for using my high beams. I'm lucky he didn't think worse right? Being that I pulled off on the exit ramp he could have thought I was trying to flee but I explained and was cooperative. My car got towed. I'm not supposed to go into further detail on what happened to me.

Default Re: Would It Be Wise Not to Fight This

They towed your car? So they got you for more then taking too long to pull over. Did you get a fleeing from police charge?

You probably have little to lose going to court and talking to the prosecutor and see if you can work out a deal with them.

Default Re: Would It Be Wise Not to Fight This

If you're charged with a criminal offense, you should discuss your case with a criminal defense lawyer.

Exactly what charge(s) are you facing?

Default Re: Delay in Pulling Over for a Police Vehicle

Quote Quoting sundrop
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: West Virginia

I erroneously took too long to pull over. At first I thought it was an ambulance. I thought pulling off after the exit would be safer then I stopped on the exit ramp then certain I was being pulled over. I slowed down on the highway but panicked thinking I shouldn't pull over on the side of the highway. I'm thinking to that charge I should plea guilty and explain my confusion hoping they will be less harsh for my mistake. I've never gotten a ticket until then. I was apparently pulled over for using my high beams. I'm lucky he didn't think worse right? Being that I pulled off on the exit ramp he could have thought I was trying to flee but I explained and was cooperative. My car got towed. I'm not supposed to go into further detail on what happened to me.
    Considering your other post:

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189904

You definitely need a lawyer.

I decided to pay the fine anyways, but I still am not sure if that technically is failure to yield like I have been scared to use my high beams at night ever since that happened. Really, all they did was scare me.

You are not supposed to be using your high beams as a means to overcome night blindness. You are supposed to get a hotel room.

How many threads do you intend to start on this same sequence of events?

How many different stories are you going to spin about what happened?

We can't help you if you're a pathological liar. This is not a place to "TEST OUT" your fantastic stories you invent.

It also is entirely moot since you already plead no contest and were found GUILTY on this offense.

You need a lawyer for the felony charges you are facing.

1. Sponsored Links