Default Providian Credit Card Problem in Kentucky

I had a Providian card charged off in 2001, but they tried to say it was 2003. I recieved no written notice from the company when I asked for proof. I tried to find the statute of limitations in KY but it seems a little unclear. I recieved what looked like a judgement in June from the circuit court. They have now frozen/tried to freeze my checking account.
    ANy suggestions on what I can do?? or what the statute of limitations actually is, or how I can get the checking account unfrozen. Can they place a lien on my car aswell?? Thanks or any help. J

Default Re: A Providian credit card problem in KY

Any ideas on how to fight a Providian credit card debt. This is one of those that happened due to Providian not applying my payments to my account.

The Kentucky statute of limitations appears to be five years on an open account. If they served you with a judgment in June, they were probably within that period - but you should have been served with court papers for the lawsuit which resulted in the judgment, and should have investigated the judgment at that time if you were not. I believe the exemption for your motor vehicle would be $2,500 under Kentucky Statutes 427.010(1).

What do you mean by their not applying your payments to the debt? They cashed your checks, didn't give you credit, then reported you as delinquent way back in 2001?

Providian was caught in California, and other places not crediting your payments even though they arrived within the 10 days before the due date. SF district attorney, and the US Gov took them to court for it. Providian did this to me several times until I just quit trying..

1. Sponsored Links