Default Will Contact With the Children of a Restrained Person Violate a No Contact Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Washington

My extended family has stopped speaking to or taking calls from two of the children in the family due to a no contact order between their father and them. The no contact order has a no third-party communication clause. The fear is that we may inadvertently say something that could be construed as third party communication, or that we could open the opportunity for false allegations that could get the father thrown in jail. He already violated a no contact order in the past, so he is fearful of doing anything that could violate this one.

Is there any recourse for our family, or should we just cut off contact with the children for the indefinite future?

Default Re: Will Contact With the Children of a Restrained Person Violate a No Contact Order

If the family members sought the restraining order, but no longer want it to be enforced, why don't they petition for its dismissal?

How old are the children? Why do the family members believe that their reaching out to the children would constitute a violation of the restraining order by the father?

Default Re: Will Contact With the Children of a Restrained Person Violate a No Contact Order

Hi,

I don't think I explained this very well.
    1. There is a no contact order on the father of two teenagers. He has been told not to contact the kids directly or via third party communication. The teenagers are still minors and the legal actions have been instigated by their mother.
    2. The father has asked his family (his siblings, parents and others) not to communicate with the kids, so that he cannot be accused of third party communication through them. He is worried about phone records or simply trying to fend off allegations that cannot be proven one way or the other.
    3. The kids have been calling their their paternal relatives for weeks wanting to talk to them but we are cutting off the conversation or not answering the phone.

So: The kids want access to their paternal family. The paternal family wants access to the kids. The paternal family has been told by the father to cut off access or risk sending him to jail. The mother/ex-wife is ready to level any charge against the father whether fabricated or not, lending credence to his fears. What can the paternal family do legally to free ourselves from being held hostage to this court order?

Quote Quoting Sten
    View Post
    Hi,

I don't think I explained this very well.
    1. There is a no contact order on the father of two teenagers. He has been told not to contact the kids directly or via third party communication. The teenagers are still minors and the legal actions have been instigated by their mother.
    2. The father has asked his family (his siblings, parents and others) not to communicate with the kids, so that he cannot be accused of third party communication through them. He is worried about phone records or simply trying to fend off allegations that cannot be proven one way or the other.
    3. The kids have been calling their their paternal relatives for weeks wanting to talk to them but we are cutting off the conversation or not answering the phone.

So: The kids want access to their paternal family. The paternal family wants access to the kids. The paternal family has been told by the father to cut off access or risk sending him to jail. The mother/ex-wife is ready to level any charge against the father whether fabricated or not, lending credence to his fears. What can the paternal family do legally to free ourselves from being held hostage to this court order?
    The paternal family would have to be very careful to never even mention the father to the children.

1. Sponsored Links