Default What Are the Chances of Winning an Appeal

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Alabama

Hello all,

Long story made short I filed for a child support modification in Chilton County Alabama, the judge dismissed it and I (and my lawyer) appealed his decision. The Court of Civil Appeals of Alabama ruled in my favor and a new court date was set in the original court (Chilton County). At this point I was no longer able to afford a lawyer so we parted company.
    I missed the court date for work reasons and was unable to notifiy the courts in time; the case was dismissed once again. I filed a motion reinstate the case, and it was denied.
    My understanding is that I have the right to appeal the judge's decision once again, but obviously I no longer have the attorney to do it for me. I am still within the 42 day window to appeal.
    So my question is: what are the odds the court of appeals will rule in my favor. And where can I get help filling out/filing the forms. I have the Notice To Appeal form, and can make some sense of it, but not entirely.
    If I am having trouble with this form, I can't imagine how difficult it will be to press on with the remaining steps.
    Thanks in advance,

AYN

Default Re: Alabama Notice of Appeal

Quote Quoting AYN
    View Post

Hello all,

Long story made short I filed for a child support modification in Chilton County Alabama, the judge dismissed it and I (and my lawyer) appealed his decision. The Court of Civil Appeals of Alabama ruled in my favor and a new court date was set in the original court (Chilton County). At this point I was no longer able to afford a lawyer so we parted company.
    I missed the court date for work reasons and was unable to notifiy the courts in time; the case was dismissed once again. I filed a motion reinstate the case, and it was denied.
    My understanding is that I have the right to appeal the judge's decision once again, but obviously I no longer have the attorney to do it for me. I am still within the 42 day window to appeal.
    So my question is: what are the odds the court of appeals will rule in my favor. And where can I get help filling out/filing the forms. I have the Notice To Appeal form, and can make some sense of it, but not entirely.
    If I am having trouble with this form, I can't imagine how difficult it will be to press on with the remaining steps.
    Thanks in advance,

AYN
    Missing the court date was a HUGE error on your part. Judges do not like to be overturned on appeal and I am sure that the judge was quite happy to dismiss the case when you didn't show. I do not know how sympathetic the appeals court would be to you either in this instance. That was a seriously important court date and to miss it was a big mistake.

Default Re: What Are the Chances of Winning an Appeal

Quote Quoting AYN
    View Post

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

AYN
    Nobody online is going to help you fill out anything. And you really need an attorney to deal with this appeal, not unless you have time to read and comprehend fully the rules of civil procedure, etc.

1. Sponsored Links