Default Can You Break Your Lease if it Includes a Dishwasher That Was Not Provided

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida

I recently signed a lease for an apartment in Florida, during the walkthrough this week I found that the dishwasher that was listed in the lease as one of the appliances to be provided was in fact not installed.

I am wondering if I would be able to break the lease as well as have my security deposit returned.

any help is greatly appreciated

Default Re: Appliance Listed in Lease Not Provided - I Want to Break the Lease

Not as I see it....you might have a good claim for diminished services IF LL refuses to correct it is some reasonable time ..and Id probably stall moving in until the missing item was installed.

Default Re: Appliance Listed in Lease Not Provided - I Want to Break the Lease

Quote Quoting mena139
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida

I recently signed a lease for an apartment in Florida, during the walkthrough this week I found that the dishwasher that was listed in the lease as one of the appliances to be provided was in fact not installed.

I am wondering if I would be able to break the lease as well as have my security deposit returned.
    No.

For one thing, you should have read the lease and inspected the apartment before signing and paying.

The best you can do now is put the landlord on written notice that the lease is not being complied with and if the DW is not installed within X days you will cancel and sue for your money back.

Landlord tenant laws prefer that an aggrieved party give the other party the opportunity to cure the defect.

Study the Florida statutes:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...entsIndex.html

Default Re: Can You Break Your Lease if it Includes a Dishwasher That Was Not Provided

Quote Quoting mena139
    View Post
    By "not installed" do you mean that a dishwasher is present but that the installation was not completed such that it cannot be used, or do you mean that it's not present at all?

When you addressed this issue with your landlord, what did your landlord say?

1. Sponsored Links