Question How Will a Criminal Record Affect Getting a Real Estate License

My question involves a professional license in the state of: CA

Hello,

I recently passed my exam and sent off my application to the dre in California. I had a few misdemeanors when I was 19, Im 29 now. A few minor in possession of alcohol and a petty theft. I joined the Navy at 21 and served 4 years with an honorable discharge, also obtained a secret security clearance. Given that its been almost 10 years since I had these charges and that I served in the military honorably will the dre deny my license over these charges? I obviously was young and dumb and have not been in any trouble since. Thoughts?

Thank you

Default Re: How Will a Criminal Record Affect Getting a Real Estate License

You should be OK. As long as you disclose the convictions and they aren't for some related (i.e. fiduciary or fraud) crime, you should be licensed.

1. Sponsored Links