Default Is It Legal for a Probation Officer to Disclose Confidential Information

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NY

Is it legal for a probation officer to disclose the results of a drug test and confidential information to a non professional without permission?

Default Re: Is It Legal for a Probation Officer to Disclose Confidential Information

Define "non-professional".

Default Re: Is It Legal for a Probation Officer to Disclose Confidential Information

Quote Quoting nnina
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: NY

Is it legal for a probation officer to disclose the results of a drug test and confidential information to a non professional without permission?
    You’ll need to provide some details about the disclosure, e.g. to whom the disclosure was made (though no names, just position title and organization) and the reason for the disclosure in order to get some useful feedback. Note that no federal law protects that information as private. The information generally would be protected under New York’s Personal Privacy Protection Law (PPPL) but there are exceptions in the law that allows for disclosure of your personal information to others without your consent in some instances. This is why the details of the disclosure matter.

1. Sponsored Links