Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ex-Boyfriend Wants Me to Move Out of His Place

My ex-boyfriend verbally made an agreement with me (which was recorded) by letting me stay another month with him. On July 31st, he decided to change his mind and said, "You misunderstood me." In addition, he asked me to move in last year. It's a been a year and a few months since I've been living with him in addition to, I pay the bills, clean and I also receive my mail at the apartment residence as well. Since our break-up, for the past 3 months he's been bullying me, acting manic and aggressively mad. Foremost, also has a cocaine addiction which he has a felony for in the state of California. His mood swings go up and down every single week and especially when he's out for "his weekend", which normally starts on Thursday and doesn't end till Sunday and he's gone for that entire time. When he comes back he's a sweetheart until he needs his fix again, then tries to start an argument with me out of nowhere and threatens to kick me out. Equally important, he's been verbally, sexually and somewhat physically abusive. There's several factors that go into my questioning. But recently, I stood up for myself letting him know what he has done to me and that I've documented everything since we've been broken up, because he's been domestically abusing me and now, it seems like he's scared, instead of him saying (excuse the dialogue), "Get the **** out of my place." I don't know if it's because he knows what he has done is wrong or that he has a felony on his record, and doesn't want to go back to jail. However, I need to know my rights in my position right now. It's either he needs to legally evict me (which he won't do because of his background) or his landlord. Can someone help me out here.

Thank you

Default Re: Mentally Abusing Me to Move Out

What exactly is your goal?

You're not going to be living there much longer, so what is it you want to happen?

I want to know how to legally put a stop to all of the abuse in addition to, know my rights as a ex-girlfriend who is still living with him.

You have the right to move out and become independent. You can't force him out of his home, if that's your question.

You have a legal right to stay there until such time as your LL goes thru all the proper steps to evict you.

If you are being abused or threatened or violated you have a right to seek any relevant order of protection or whatever it's called in CA. It is entirely possible that such an order might require him to stay xx distance away from you at all time...

you need

Quote Quoting HRinDEVON
    View Post
    You have a legal right to stay there until such time as your LL goes thru all the proper steps to evict you.

If you are being abused or threatened or violated you have a right to seek any relevant order of protection or whatever it's called in CA. It is entirely possible that such an order might require him to stay xx distance away from you at all time...

you need
    I think you need to read, and perhaps actually finish a thought, before you post.

I'm not trying to force him out of his place. That's absurd. But I'm also tried of putting up with his non-sense as well. All I wanted to know were my rights in the midst of my situation. Thank you.

You broke up 3 months ago which is plenty of time to have found a new place and moved out. This isn't your apartment it's his and he's on the lease you aren't so pack your things and move. What's the issue?

The way you might want to handle it is not necessarily a good fit to the rules you are handed:

1. As his tenant you very likely have a pile of rights . Roommates smell like tenants in many jurisdictions and you are free to exercise all your options as a tenant until some court holds otherwise

2. If somebody is into assault and battery directed at you, you are free to seek police intervention and or protective order.

3 It may well be a violation of LT law to have LL try a self help eviction of a tenant by assault and battery of the tenant .

4. I agree with others it's time to move on with your life

I want to know how to legally put a stop to all of the abuse
    You have the legal right to pull your head out and LEAVE.

Sure, yes, technically he needs to evict you if he wants you out. But why do you insist on forcing this, when he's sexually abusive?

The hell is wrong with you?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast