Hybrid View

Default Ex-Boyfriend Served Me With an Eviction Notice

My question involves a relationship in the state of: BREAKUP....Ill try and make short as possible. My boyfriend and I have been together close to 5 years. He got into some bad stuff which is why he is nuts. I was in full mental break down "GASLIGHTING" anyhow once I used the word BREAK OR HELP OR ADDICTION he wanted me DEAD GONE EVICTED. I dont work as he knew the entire time I took care of our kids cooked and cleaned (he had all the control) it is his house and he is LIVID after he made me call police that after he had his gun out they took him to jail not me. I can say I was stupid but I did not press charges. After that things went down hill he gave me a evivtion notice. Had he been able to id be out on my ass with my son well he is so mad that this is his house and I can stay. Ok well mentally I was a reck got myself some strength back. He is NON STOP HARRASSING me actually threatened me and my children. He makes alot of money I dont even work. I am willing to and trying to get back to work. I called to get state help it takes 21 days plus they want a judgement where the judge says I must leave. In the meantime the cops are sick of us. I dont understand why we cannot live peacefully he wont have it. Hes that pissed. I asked him to loan me the money and I will leave before the court date NOPE. I sold all my belongings to move in here and he didnt mind taking the money or the child support every dime I have. I know it is his house but in the mean time he tells me hes been taking pictures of me asleep with HIS PROPS lets say RIGS and as I have nothing to worry about the police said NOT ILLEGAL HIS HOUSE...LEAVE...well I explained to him he said you should of pressed charges when you had the chance. I am not fighting the notice but I am fighting the CONSTIENT HARRASSMENT that I cant even think straight it is his plan to get me out of here soon...I plan to flie a PPO this morning I still have 2 weeks but I fear that now the cops dont even take this serious tells you what you didnt do. I dont really have options. WILL A PPO KEEP HIM OFF MY BACK AND STOP THREATING ME> so I can focus on getting a job and a place that is safe....

Default Re: Ex-Boyfriend Served Me With an Eviction Notice

You chose not to follow the instruction to identity your state, so nobody can point you to legal information specific to your state, but buried in that rambling post you indicate that (a) you live in your ex-boyfriend's house, (b) he's very difficult to live with, (c) he wants you gone and has served you with an eviction notice.

If you identify your state, somebody can direct you to what it will take to get a protective order in your state. So far you haven't indicated that he has caused you any harm or threatened you with any harm, and you have not shown any sign that you're afraid of him -- in fact, you're refusing to move out of his house and demanding that he loan you money if he wants you to leave, actions that seem quite inconsistent with your being afraid of him or believe that he'll cause you harm. Absent a history of or threat of violence, you're likely in a poor position to obtain a protective order if you are truthful on your petition.

The easy solution is: Move out. You're not going to be able to live there forever.

You didn't mention your state and details may matter to those who know the technical ropes better.

I suggest you get some immediate suggestions from a nearby womens abuse/shelter advocacy group if you can find one.

Seek careful wording of the PPO......in some states a PPO might keep you IN there and him out until the dust settles a....but the details matter ..again...try to use counsel.

In some states it can take a pretty long time to evict a tenant who exercises her rights well. But beyond that's its a pure guess.....

In general an eviction notice is but a first step....and a long way from the final step.

I agree with Knowitall that ultimately you are not going to be there forever....but it may take BF more than a few weeks to get there

My suggestion....hang in there at least until you can get some reliable help....or information

Quote Quoting minniejl1994
    View Post
    My question involves a relationship in the state of: BREAKUP....Ill try and make short as possible. My boyfriend and I have been together close to 5 years. He got into some bad stuff which is why he is nuts. I was in full mental break down "GASLIGHTING" anyhow once I used the word BREAK OR HELP OR ADDICTION he wanted me DEAD GONE EVICTED. I dont work as he knew the entire time I took care of our kids cooked and cleaned (he had all the control) it is his house and he is LIVID after he made me call police that after he had his gun out they took him to jail not me. I can say I was stupid but I did not press charges. After that things went down hill he gave me a evivtion notice. Had he been able to id be out on my ass with my son well he is so mad that this is his house and I can stay. Ok well mentally I was a reck got myself some strength back. He is NON STOP HARRASSING me actually threatened me and my children. He makes alot of money I dont even work. I am willing to and trying to get back to work. I called to get state help it takes 21 days plus they want a judgement where the judge says I must leave. In the meantime the cops are sick of us. I dont understand why we cannot live peacefully he wont have it. Hes that pissed. I asked him to loan me the money and I will leave before the court date NOPE. I sold all my belongings to move in here and he didnt mind taking the money or the child support every dime I have. I know it is his house but in the mean time he tells me hes been taking pictures of me asleep with HIS PROPS lets say RIGS and as I have nothing to worry about the police said NOT ILLEGAL HIS HOUSE...LEAVE...well I explained to him he said you should of pressed charges when you had the chance. I am not fighting the notice but I am fighting the CONSTIENT HARRASSMENT that I cant even think straight it is his plan to get me out of here soon...I plan to flie a PPO this morning I still have 2 weeks but I fear that now the cops dont even take this serious tells you what you didnt do. I dont really have options. WILL A PPO KEEP HIM OFF MY BACK AND STOP THREATING ME> so I can focus on getting a job and a place that is safe....
    A) Where do you sleep in the house?
    B) How much rent do you pay?
    C) Who pays for the food/utilities?
    D) Why do you think you are entitled to stay there?
    E) Why don't you go to a shelter with your son?
    F) How long has he been your ex?
    G) Who said you can stay in the house?
    H) Where does your family live? Why can't you stay with them?

OP...your post is unclear about children...are some of your children his as well? And if so is there offical determination of his being dad in place and a court order for child support?

1. Sponsored Links