Question Do You Have to Repay SSI Benefits if You Get Widow's and Survivor Benefits

I have been on S.S.I. for 10 years due to a disability. I receive a death benefit from General Motors but was getting small amount from S.S.I. along with medicaid and food stamps I will turn 60 in August and will be getting Social Security Widows pension. With the widows pension and the death benefit I will be getting close to $2700,00 a year. Will I have to pay back what I got from S.S.I.?

Default Re: Will I Have to Pay Back S.s.i

Quote Quoting imachea
    View Post
    I have been on S.S.I. for 10 years due to a disability. I receive a death benefit from General Motors but was getting small amount from S.S.I. along with medicaid and food stamps I will turn 60 in August and will be getting Social Security Widows pension. With the widows pension and the death benefit I will be getting close to $2700,00 a year. Will I have to pay back what I got from S.S.I.?
    Do you mean 27000.00 rather than 2700.00? In either case, it shouldn't cause you to have to pay back SSI for past benefits, it just means that you won't get future benefits.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Do you mean 27000.00 rather than 2700.00? In either case, it shouldn't cause you to have to pay back SSI for past benefits, it just means that you won't get future benefits.
    That is correct 27 thousand not 2700.

As long as SSA knows the amount you've been receiving in death benefits from GM, there shouldn't have been any over payment in SSI.

1. Sponsored Links