Default Enforcing Visitation

I am wondering when states will start caring whether a father gets visitation. A prosecutor can step in if support is not paid. So, why can't the prosecutor also be involved in visitation interference?

Who can I contact on a state level about this?

Default Re: Visitation

What state are you in?

Do you have an order for visitation? If so and you are being denied the visitation, are you filing for contempt of court?

Default Re: Visitation

I am in Indiana.

I have taken her to court several times for denying my visitation, but nothing is ever done. She always gives some excuse and they let it go. I am usually worse off after court. She made up a buch of stuff to get my visitation restricted. They keep letting her do whatever she wants.

Now, I am tapped out and can't afford $175 an hour for my attorney. I just wish the prosecutor could do something about it in the same way that they go after behind on support. The system is so oe sided.

Default Re: Enforcing Visitation

Keep fighting. If the costs are prohibitive, I've found excellent lawyers through my county legal aid.

Take your court ordered visitation (do you have it?) and show the judge how your rights to see your child(ren) are being denied.

Good luck.

Quote Quoting woody1
    View Post
    Keep fighting. If the costs are prohibitive, I've found excellent lawyers through my county legal aid.

Take your court ordered visitation (do you have it?) and show the judge how your rights to see your child(ren) are being denied.

Good luck.
    Thanks Woody. I am fighting the good fight, and staying with it. I am going to look into the county legal aid.

panther10758 Guest

Search the web there are many "Father's rights" website that provide help and refferals

Yes there are! I have been researching that stuff for years, but could never find an attorney that knew anything about it. I have actually found an attorney about an hour south of me that is a father's rights attorney. $200 per hour. To tell you the truth, father really have no rights. I have been fighting this for years, and have never gotten anywhere. We'll see how it goes.

1. Sponsored Links