Default Billed for Medical Services After Insurance Cancellation Due to Insurance Exchange

My question involves insurance law for the state of: NEVADA

Yes, I made the mistake of trying to use Nevada Health Link to signup for Obamacare.

I paid Nevada Health Link (Xerox) for health insurance for the month of February, 2014.

Xerox never paid the health insurance carrier, so all payments for health care for the month of Feb 2014 were reversed three months ago. Now I'm on the hook to pay in full for all physician appointments, etc.

I filed a claim with the State of Nevada Department of Insurance, and my claim is supposedly working its way through the system. Now I've come to the conclusion that it will take months - maybe years for my case to be resolved. I'm on the hook for about $1000.

Is there any other action that I can take that might be worthwhile ?

Thank you,

Dave

Default Re: Billed for Medical Services After Insurance Cancellation Due to Insurance Exchang

Right now you need to wait for your claim to work through the system.

With only $1,000 on the line, it doesn't seem worth hiring a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links