Exclamation Contesting a Speeding Ticket in Washington

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Hello! I was on my way to Salt Lake City, UT from Seattle, WA. While on the highway I had my cruise control set to 75 mph as that was the current rate of traffic. An officer on the opposite side of the freeway flipped on his lights as he was driving towards me, turned around at one of the authorized u-turn spots along the highway and proceeded to coast behind me at about 300 yards away for about 2 miles. At this point, I had moved over to let him pass me (as I had assumed that he had gotten a call and would be needing to fly up the highway as most officers do when they make this sort of maneuver). After we had driven 2 miles with him coasting behind me, he sped up on me and pulled me over. Once my vehicle was stopped, he asked me for me license, registration, and proof of insurance, which I already had ready for him by the time he got to the window. He told me that he clocked me going 90 mph in a 70 mph zone. I informed him that I believe there had to have been some sort of a mistake because I was not traveling that fast. Without acknowledging my response to his accusations, he returned to his vehicle with my information that I provided to him and returned back to me within 30 seconds. Gave me a ticket and all of my paperwork back, told me where to contact the court to pay my ticket, and then left. This was also the first time I did not have to sign the ticket acknowledging this. I honestly do not believe that this ticket was deserved and am looking for some pointers.

Default Re: Contesting a Speeding Ticket

Read the "Procedural Guide to Washington State" at the top of this forum and learn how to request discovery.
    Post your redacted discovery back here and see what the Washington State gurus can find in it.

1. Sponsored Links