Default How Do I Enforce My 9th and 10th Amendment Rights

9) The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10) The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I have rights, not enumerated directly in the constitution, that were never signed over to the states or federal government to regulate. How do I enforce these rights when many of the common people are ignorant of them?

Default Re: How Do I Enforce My 9th and 10th Amendment Rights

You donít, because you misunderstand what these amendments do. They do not confer any particular rights on anyone. Youíll have to look elsewhere for support for any rights you believe you have.

All these amendments do is simply make clear what the text of the Constitution already arguably made clear without them: the federal government is limited in its power to the things granted it in the Constitution and that the Constitution should not be inferred to take away any rights not specified in it. Neither of those amendments limit the power of states in any way.

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
    So if the people didn't delegate it to the state, it is reserved with the people?
    I believe the 9th amendment protects the right to travel.

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    So if the people didn't delegate it to the state, it is reserved with the people?
    I believe the 9th amendment protects the right to travel.
    The only limitation on travel (for a typical person) is you cannot trespass. Other than that you can travel a you want.

Of course you are one of "those" that argues driving, unless engaged in commerce, is travel as you define it. No matter how many times somebody asks, driving is driving and the freedoms associated with travel do not allow one to drive without a license and the vehicle being registered.

If I have the right to travel, and I have a drivers license, how often can you create probable cause of a crime for non moving violations?

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    If I have the right to travel, and I have a drivers license, how often can you create probable cause of a crime for non moving violations?
    As many times as the individual commits a nonmoving violation. Without any facts and what violation the state claims occurred no one can comment any more specifically than that. Instead of using these vague questions, why don’t you try telling us specifically what it is you think you can challenge here?

1. Sponsored Links