Default Is an Employer Liable for an Accident Caused by a Delivery Person

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Missouri

This kid was delivering pizzas at a gas station pulled out in front of me and hit the front of my car . damage is around 3,000.00. Perp fled the scene being this was in a small town witnesses came from all over. I called police they caught the guy. Cop said its not a felony to leave scene of accident if you aren't hurt. Later I went to urgent care for my neck and ribs ,they said thru xrays I have a whip lash. Perp has no insurance , my question is is the pizza place liable for damages in anyway.?I have full coverage but dont want rates to go up etc..Officer gave perp two citations but couldn't disclose what for.I have an attorney that wants the case. thanks for any advice/input .

Default Re: Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Hit My Car and Has No Insurance Fled the Scene

Yes, you can indeed sue the employer. You don't really get to decide what the kid gets charged for. You can amend your complaint/report to indicate that you were injured, that doesn't mean they'll suddenly change how it's charged. Further, it matters little to you that the kid was charged for hit and run or at what level other than identifying him as the person who struck you.

Default Re: Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Hit My Car and Has No Insurance Fled the Scene

We're going through a similar thing with a kid who hit my mom's car. He was driving the company truck. Thanks for posting this answer. We're talking to a lawyer later in the week.

Quote Quoting LindaT
    View Post
    We're going through a similar thing with a kid who hit my mom's car. He was driving the company truck. Thanks for posting this answer. We're talking to a lawyer later in the week.
    Linda, if you need some help with your Mom's situation please start you own post. Include your state, date of accident, details and any questions you might have.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    And maybe there isn't a problem. But when I access three boards in a row, and on all three Linda is there having added to a thread that has been dead for (in one case) two months and her post really adds nothing to the discussion, then yeah, I'm going to get suspicious.
    Like button. Seen all of them and they really don't make sense taken all together. (Unless LindaT has a much more exciting life than we can imagine).

1. Sponsored Links