Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Police Gave Me a Ticket for Violation of Contract at Entertainment Center

Quote Quoting HRinDEVON
    View Post
    I'm not so sure that a mere fine print instruction on the back of a ticket constitutes notice of a rule..it may or may not.

A child is anyone under 18 in NJ ..so a 17 year old needs to be under constant supervision at all times ? give me a break!

Keep your cool and explain it to the judge....
    The child wasn't 17, the child was 4 and a half. Huge difference.

Default Re: Police Gave Me a Ticket for Violation of Contract at Entertainment Center

court date adjourned to 8/27/15. Nobody notified me. I spoke with the judge - he referred me to prosecutor may want to close the case. I spoke with the prosecutor - no closure of the case. I wish I could provide some more meaningful info to the forum here.

It was a trial today. The judge said to my argument about lack of notice, - if I want notice, it would be posters in neon lights with sections of the law everywhere.
    He said I'm guilty and have to pay the fine and court expenses.

The officer was present in court. As to the events in entertainment center, - he arrived late, about 15 minutes before meeting me, and did not participate in search for my kid and did not participate in conversations with me on that date (6/21). He was 2nd officer on premises and the one who gave me the ticket (for so called violation). 1st officer which I spoke to on 6/21 most, was not present. 1st office was the one who spent most time searching for me, to connect to my kid.

I presented photos of the premises and underscored that the back of entertainment center ticket was only place where you can get the contractual rules from (not from posters, no verbal announcements, no mentioning by clerk when you buy admission ticket). And you get "rules" after you acquire the membership and when you're reading it on premises (30 seconds), you are already in violation, since while reading you are not watching your child.

I also tried to explain the details to the judge when the separation happened (me and my kid - 3.5 seconds for me to reach the corner). The judge said it's irrelevant to the ticket (violation).

I still feel something is not right about this violation, and the story. When airplanes fall due to technical reasons, any surviving pilot will be presented with violation of delivery of the passengers ?

Would it make sense to appeal this decision and have a trial with the jury?
    Thanks.

You're guilty. You've been guilty from the first page. If you're careless and irresponsible enough to let a four year old child get more than 20 feet ahead of you to the point where you HAVE to conduct a search, you deserve what you get.

The fact that you do not understand this bothers me.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

It absolutely boggles the imagination that someone thinks they need notice and to be told to WATCH THEIR 4 YEAR OLD CHILD.

In this day when child predators and murderers hang out in these types of places, I suppose if something happened to your child because of your CLEAR CUT NEGLIGENCE, you still wouldn't see it, right.

You are guilty as sin. You don't have a legal excuse for not watching your child.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

to "cbg",
    I appreciate your input, except no reference to statue # (law) or precedent, which would make your position clearer.

- - - Updated - - -

to "CourtClerk",
    I appreciate your opinion, please, define "CLEAR CUT NEGLIGENCE" (in your post) with references to statues.
    Thanks

Read your citation. That will tell you what statute you are found guilty under.

It absolutely boggles the mind that you do not understand what you did that was wrong. If you truly do not understand how it is negligent for you not to be holding onto a child of four in a crowd of people, and that letting a child of four getting so far ahead of you that you cannot see him, is wrong, then quite frankly you do not deserve to be a parent.

Signed, parent of two and former elementary school teacher.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3