Unhappy Why You Shouldn't Use Self-Check-Out Lanes in Stores

Once again, I am going to give the same advice that I often give in these situations....STOP using the self checkout lanes...at ANY store. The potential for mistakes exists and stores, instead of giving people the option to correct their mistakes make a whole lot more money on civil demands.

What is going to happen is that she is going to get a civil demand from Walmart to pay them several hundred dollars.

I am particularly adamant about this issue THIS WEEK...because my 80 year old mother, who has plenty of money, who has never committed even a traffic infraction in her life let alone anything else, made the mistake of attempting the self checkout lane because the store was very crowded, and the lanes were long. She messed it up completely and she called me to help her and the idiot LPO who was dealing with it wouldn't budge.

She is devastated...to her this is the worst thing that has ever happened in her life. To me, this was an idiot LPO...working for an idiot company.

Default Re: Accusation of Shoplifting After Mistakenly Not Scanning Items in a Self-Checkout

I don't use the self checkouts. I'm paying for customer service experience.

Default Re: Accusation of Shoplifting After Mistakenly Not Scanning Items in a Self-Checkout

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Once again, I am going to give the same advice that I often give in these situations....STOP using the self checkout lanes...at ANY store. The potential for mistakes exists and stores, instead of giving people the option to correct their mistakes make a whole lot more money on civil demands.

What is going to happen is that she is going to get a civil demand from Walmart to pay them several hundred dollars.

I am particularly adamant about this issue THIS WEEK...because my 80 year old mother, who has plenty of money, who has never committed even a traffic infraction in her life let alone anything else, made the mistake of attempting the self checkout lane because the store was very crowded, and the lanes were long. She messed it up completely and she called me to help her and the idiot LPO who was dealing with it wouldn't budge.

She is devastated...to her this is the worst thing that has ever happened in her life. To me, this was an idiot LPO...working for an idiot company.
    Actually the idiot appears to be your mother. The LPO was doing his job. You seem to think your 80 year old mother could NEVER be a thief and steal something. The thing is shoplifters are all ages, backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses. Winona Ryder didn't need to steal either because she had plenty of money. Yet she did.

Quote Quoting Ohiogal
    View Post
    Actually the idiot appears to be your mother. The LPO was doing his job. You seem to think your 80 year old mother could NEVER be a thief and steal something. The thing is shoplifters are all ages, backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses. Winona Ryder didn't need to steal either because she had plenty of money. Yet she did.

Yeah, it's so hard to believe that an 80-year-old woman would mess up a computerized system.

Quote Quoting John_28
    View Post
    Yeah, it's so hard to believe that an 80-year-old woman would mess up a computerized system.
    The issue is that would be a defense. But quite frankly, the LPO was NOT an idiot. The LPO was doing his job and should NOT and could NOT assume that the individual was not "intending" to steal.

Quote Quoting Ohiogal
    View Post
    The issue is that would be a defense. But quite frankly, the LPO was NOT an idiot. The LPO was doing his job and should NOT and could NOT assume that the individual was not "intending" to steal.
    Its the store policies that are ludicrous. That is my opinion and I have the right to have it.

1. Sponsored Links