Angry Elderly Homeowner Conveyed House During an Illness

My question involves real estate located in the State of: california

so. my grandpas been getting sick and hes been on crazy heart medicines. apparently his wife and her son made him sign the house title or deed over to there families name while he was sick. (theres a ongoing case of domestic abuse from them on him, lots of family drama). is there anyway of getting his house back in his name and or both his ex and him. i dont think theyre legally divorced yet and would it make a difference? what proof would we need in a court case?

thank you for any help it will all be appreciated.

i also dont know if this is the right forum to be asking in?

Default Re: Stolen House

If this happened within the context of a divorce, or if he is planning to divorce, he should speak to a divorce lawyer.

If this is not within the context of a divorce, he should speak to a lawyer who handles elder law issues.

Being on "crazy heart medicines" do not incompetent to care for his own affairs make. Are you sure the on-going elder abuse charges are not just that someone has called in and complained about this situation to an agency? Is there really an on going court case? If so, no attorneys involved? If the family is really convinced he is incompetent, being abused and unduly influenced, then they should retain an attorney to pursue it. But if he's still handling his own affairs, they need to back away. By the way, how old is grandpa?

Quote Quoting comment/ator
    View Post
    Being on "crazy heart medicines" do not incompetent to care for his own affairs make. Are you sure the on-going elder abuse charges are not just that someone has called in and complained about this situation to an agency? Is there really an on going court case? If so, no attorneys involved? If the family is really convinced he is incompetent, being abused and unduly influenced, then they should retain an attorney to pursue it. But if he's still handling his own affairs, they need to back away. By the way, how old is grandpa?
    hes 92. as far as i know him and his wife had handled their own bills. im not sure what income they had but she had drained the saving along time ago and made it liquid. their are not any attoreys involved were trying to review our optons. and an agency has been notified the abuse by his doctor and kids, so i suppose its not an actual court case yet. thanks for you help

1. Sponsored Links