Default Child Support Abated Due to Unemployment, but Payor is Doing Side Jobs

My question involves child support in the State of: illinois

My ex appeared in domestic relations court had child support abate until he receives unemployment or starts working I was not in court and did not know about it. Is there anything I can do to get this order removed. He is unemployed again and does side jobs for cash so that he does not report. He also did not use the family court or judge that was assigned to our case

Default Re: Child Support Abated Due to Unemployment, but Payor is Doing Side Jobs

It's not clear how the abatement order came into effect without notice to you; you can share those details, if you choose, but without more information we're not in a position to comment on those proceedings.

Assuming the order was properly entered, if you have actual, competent evidence that your ex- is working and of his income, you can use that information to try to convince the court to again order child support payments. If he's going to deny working, and you have no evidence that would contradict his denial, you should not expect that a court would be receptive to modification.

1. Sponsored Links