Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: How Do I Get Rid of My Person

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    ... they actually are voluntarily participating, and have given there consent to be governed by the laws of the United States.
    That is pure freeman, sovereign citizen crap. So you may claim not to be one but you sure talk like one.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    Ignorance is no excuse. We don't have rulers, we have rules. You are allowed to represent yourself. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This is America! Most freeman, sovereign citizens are confused. However crackpot they might sound, I am not a lawyer... It is not my job to make them lose, it is not my job to take their words and turn them around on them "He says he is not a person". I prefer to be impartial, and sometimes you have to dig through a lot of shit to find gold.

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    I enjoy discussing this topic as I would describe America as the best example of an Anarcho-capitalist state. I love explaining to brainwashed libertarians that they actually are voluntarily participating, and have given there consent to be governed by the laws of the United States.
    Yeah, we get a kick out of reading bs, too.

Whoda thunk it?

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    The question at hand here is "How Do I Get Rid of My Person" which IF POSSIBLE and to what extent would that affect the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of non criminal courts (courts of equity, chancery).
    A human being is a person in the law, a natural person. Simply by existing a human is a person. There is no way to get around that fact. Thus, the answer to your question is simple: the human can die, in which case he or she is no longer subject to the laws of man as he or she has departed this world (though his or her estate would still have legal obligations after death). If the human wants to hasten the process, he or she could commit suicide.

There is no process by which a human can somehow extricate himself/herself from being a “person,” despite the verbal gymnastics that the sovereign individual crowd tries to employ to achieve that result and thus claim they are not subject the laws of the U.S., the state, or locality. I’ll say it for a third time (hoping the old saying that repeating something three times helps people to actually remember it): try to make the argument in court that you are somehow not a person and thus not subject to the law is a loser, and will make you look like a fool to the court. I can’t say it any plainer than that.

I'll make it even plainer.

How Do I Get Rid of My Person
    You don't.

Passing this thread is like passing a train wreck. You can't help but to stop and look.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Passing this thread is like passing a train wreck. You can't help but to stop and look.
    Lets burn this!

14th Amendment Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

Are we on our way to corporate voting?

Quote Quoting QuiXotiC
    View Post
    Lets burn this!

14th Amendment Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

Are we on our way to corporate voting?
    That Amendment has nothing to do with establishing who may vote. It simply determines how representation in Congress is done, and that section read as a whole refers to natural persons (humans), not artificial persons (corporations, LLCs, etc).

The right to vote is decided by the states subject to the following limitations in the U.S. Constitution:
    • citizens may not be denied the right to vote because of their race, color, or previous condition of servitude (Amendment XV);
    • citizens may not be denied the right to vote on account of their sex (Amendment XIX);
    • citizens may not be denied the right to vote for a federal office (President, Vice President, Representative or Senator to Congress) for the failure to pay a poll tax or any other tax (Amendment XXIV); and
    • citizens age 18 or older cannot be denied the right to vote based on their age (Amendment XXVI).

There is nothing in the federal Constitution that limits the right to vote to citizens, so a state could permit immigrants to vote if it wanted (and indeed over a century ago some states did just that). Nor is there anything in the U.S. constitution that limits the right to vote to natural persons, though I rather think no legislature would pass a law allowing corporations or other artificial persons to vote – I don’t think the public would support that and they’d find themselves out of office. So I don't see that happening any time soon. You can imagine the kind of voting abuse opportunities that would permit. But in theory it could be done if that’s what people wanted.

Lets burn this!
    No. Let's you shut up. I don't have time to babysit you.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5