Default Should the Foreign Spouse of a Citizen Disclose the Relationship When Seeking a Visa

Greetings

This post is closed: http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124263
    and my case is very similar.

I have dual citizenship: US and Iranian. Currently live in Iran and would like to visit US with my Iranian wife for few weeks. I know I have to apply for her as a tourist visa.

question: should she apply as a regular tourist visa without mentioning any relationship to me. For example, visiting her friends in US with proof that she is coming back to Iran. OR, would it be better to explain that we are married and we just want to visit US for few weeks.

thanks in advance

Default Re: Should the Foreign Spouse of a Citizen Disclose the Relationship When Seeking a V

When your spouse fills out her DS-160 form, she will be asked to disclose her marital status. She will also be asked to identify people who are traveling with her and her relationship to them. Even later in the form she will be asked to identify her spouse, spouse's nationality, and spouse's nation of residence. She will thus need to indicate that she is married and identify you as her spouse.

It would thus make no sense to try to conceal the relationship -- something that would require your wife's making false claims on her visa application, and could cause her to be barred from entering the United States -- as opposed to simply explaining that she wishes to enter as a tourist for a couple of weeks before returning home to Iran.

1. Sponsored Links