Default Admission to a Different University After the Termination of SEVIS

Hi,

I am an international student on F-1 visa and i am currently dismissed from the university because of GPA lower than 3 in consecutive two semesters.
    Is there any way that i can apply to other universities even if my SEVIS is terminated?
    Can I transfer my SEVIS to another university which is willing to give me admission even after the termination?

Please help me on my case , by advising me or giving me any information regarding this type of situation if you have any.

Thanks.

Default Re: Admission to a Different University After the Termination of SEVIS

Option 1: You can petition the USCIS for reinstatement of your SEVIS record before transferring to another school. If you do that, you must continue and maintain a full course of study and abide by all rules applicable to F-1 students while your petition is being reviewed. If your petition is denied you must leave the U.S. immediately or risk being made subject to removal proceedings.

Option 2: Request to transfer your terminated SEVIS record to your new school, and obtain confirmation of your acceptance into the new school. On the transfer release date, your new school's DSO will become responsible for your SEVIS record and for issuing a new Form I-20 for the reason of reinstatement. You will be responsible for properly filing for reinstatement with the USCIS, and must intend to pursue a full course of study at your new school starting with the next available term or within five months, whichever is sooner. You must enroll even if your application for reinstatement remains under review, and if your application is denied you must leave the U.S. immediately or risk being made subject to removal proceedings.

Option 3: Get an initial form I-20 from the new school, leave the U.S., and return as an initial entry in a new F-1 nonimmigrant status -- an initial admission. You will have to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. You will lose credit for any time you have accumulated toward qualification for OPT, curricular practical training, or similar benefits.

Default Re: Admission to a Different University After the Termination of SEVIS

Legitimate schools are reluctant to admit students dismissed for academic performance problems. Many require that a prospective student be eligible to re-enroll in the previous institution.

1. Sponsored Links