My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA
1) Officer doesn't specify HIS location, which side of the road he was on, which side of the road I was on, weather I was approaching or receding his location, or if he had a clear view of my car. How could he establish that my car was the car in question without stating where he was in relation to the patrol car?
2) The Officer does not state he was in motion. It is impossible to establish "opposite moving mode" was the correct mode if you can't establish he was moving in an opposite direction to my car. Do I need an expert to say this?
3) The radar certification was certified by Steen Nicholson 02/19/2015, but he signed the top on 08/27/2014. The "certification date" at the bottom is 07/07/2014. Does any of this apply in a similar fashion to this thread?
4) I know his radar could be shadowing a vehicle in his direction of travel but is there any legal precedence to show this? The Officer didn't check to make sure his patrol speed matched the radar reading. Spokane V. Knight? What would you say to the judge?
5) Whats the best way to introduce Mociulski? I feel like this argument could go both ways, and there is evidence to support personal knowledge. On the last page of my radar certification it says "Certifying Official - Steen Nicholson". Thats all the Judge would have to say.
6) Officer does not state his is trained in testing the calibration of the SMD. How do we know he did it right?
7) Bee III has a range of 4k feet. Any way of using expert testimony to say it could have been another car? IF we were moving in opposite lanes with a 30ft divider on I90, how could he be certain he pulled over the right car? (Hint: my car is a rental/fleet car..)
8) Anything I've missed?
9) Strong enough case to contest this or cower down and amend the charges..?
SIDE NOTE - I will introduce witnesses from my car during the traffic stop. I never agreed that I was speeding. The officer asked if there was a reason I was speeding. I said we've been driving for a long time and I must lost attention to my speed if I was speeding. Driving home from Idaho :|