Default Ticketed for Illegal Lane Change when Sideswiped, but Was in My Own Lane

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Colorado. Here's the story, I was sideswiped by a truck while driving in a right hand lane that merges into the left lane. Had enough space to merge, used my signal, etc., but before I could even cross the lane line to merge, the guy in the truck sped up, sideswiped me in my lane, pushed me off the road, then took off. We got his license number and called the cops. Well, the cops couldn't find the plate as it was an out of state license number. A week later, my daughter and I saw the truck that hit us on the side of the same road and called the cops. Four days after that, the cop showed up at my doorstep telling me the other driver was given a hit and run ticket, as he admitted to hitting me. He then told me that after a staff meeting the previous day, he and the other officers decided I should get a ticket for a violation of CRS 42-4-1007 (1)(A). So, I get hit in my own lane, do the cop's job for him in finding the guy that hit me, and end up getting a ticket. His ticket was for municipal court, but mine was written for county court. Why would the officer give each of us a ticket to different courts for the same incident? Is this even a valid ticket given that there wasn't even an officer around to see what happened? I plan to fight this, but would like some advice. Thanks!

Default Re: Ticketed for Illegal Lane Change when Sideswiped, but Was in My Own Lane

I guess your testimony is that you did NOT change lanes before you were hit. Repeat that in court and, since no cop witnessed the incident, I don't see how you can lose.

1. Sponsored Links