Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wrongful Denial of Coverage Based on a Pre-Existing Medical Condition

My question involves insurance law for the state of: california.i have medical bill.of 16k USD.i am at usa for internship.i have group insurance brought by my sponsoror and i was diagnoses as i waa having blood in urin...one year before when i wass in india i had kidney stone which was diagnosed in india.but now i did not had kidney stone on ct scan report.but my insurance deniied saying that its pre exiating condition.....i dont know what to do and i want legal help.on how to tackle these issue.

Default Re: Wrongful Denial of Coverage Based on a Pre-Existing Medical Condition

With any luck, cbg (another poster) will be along later to give you some real answers.

From first glance though, it seems that in your situation it's not completely clear (to me, at least) whether or not they can deny coverage.

One question I do have, is have you contacted your benefits administration to ask them?

Default Re: Wrongful Denial of Coverage Based on a Pre-Existing Medical Condition

What is benefits administration.....the claim was rejected by insurance company.

Is this policy written in India or in the US?

Usa

Is this through your employer?

No.i paid for it.was purchased by my sponsoror..its group policy for 7 people.it starting date was 30 oct 2014.first of all sir the policy was not accepted abywhere and than i convienced hospital to accept it.bullstrad policy,carried GBG,PPO network coventry.its like travel insurance..i am suppose to be doing my internship for year.my sponsoror never explained me that if i had any pre existing medical condition than it will.be denied.i had kidney stone almost 8 years back and nathing in past.and the reason for the vist to doctor these type as i was having blood in urin.my results came normal and doctor asked me not to take any medicin and he adviced me to take rest.i dint had stone on ct scan results.now my insurance is denying to pay.but there was one miatake.doctor by miatake put that i had surgery one year back in india and my father has kidney failure.which was wrong and so i did tell doctor and he made a fresh report.so now i want to appeal back with fresh report.will my insurance object and if yes than what should i do.u can give me your no and i can call u.i need help badly.thank u for ur time and all the information

Anywhere on or in your policy, do you see Alliance Abroad Group?

Bulstrad is a European company. AAG is their American partner.

No.i do not see on it.but once yhe service center had told me that abroad alliance group has to be informes if you have to increase the value of policy or change any policy details..if you can give your email i will send u all details

No, sorry, but I don't give out emails. You can send me a PM if you like.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast