Default Xanax Overdose

My brother who was only 30 years of age died last week.

He has had a problem with alcohol for a while now. He was facing DUI charges for an accident he was in a year ago. He visited a our family Doctor and convinced the doctor to perscribe him Xanax for his anxiety.

The doctor noticed signs of a bad liver due to the alcoholism but still perscribed him Xanax with a refill.

5 days after my brother picked up his perscription he was found dead from an alcohol and xanax overdose.

Do i have a malpractice case here? Wasnt the doctor negligent by not finding other means to treat my brother's anxiety rather than perscribing him with a drug that would kill him?

Doctors are the first to call alcoholism a disease, but then how could our doctor perscribe my borther with a drug that combined with alcohol is deadly.

It upsets me to know that though my brother suffered with alcohlism for years it was going to see the doctor that killed him and not the alcohol itself.

Are doctors held accountable for perscribing xanax to alcoholics? And isnt it the doctors responsibility to fully examine the patient and his prior behaviors before perscribing such a strong drug?

thank you very much for listening to my situtaion and letting me know your thoughts!

Default Suicide and Prescriptions

Did the doctor have any reason to know that your brother was suicidal?

my brother didnt committ suicide...he just took the xanax to get drunk faster....he had no idea what this could do to him

Default Taking Xanax to Get Drunk

There was no warning label affixwd to the bottle, admonishing that the medication should not be taken with alcohol?

1. Sponsored Links