Default Lifetime Ban from a Store After Theft

So I was caught shoplifting in a Kohl's store about a month ago. They retrieved the two items undamaged and made me sign a no trespass agreement. Along with this I received a civil demand letter in the mail. No cops were called. I decided to go ahead and pay the civil demand to prevent further letter and a possibility of them suing. At this point I don't believe there will be any further issues as the Loss Prevention officer said they were not pressing charges.

I was told I was banned for life, but if I wrote a letter to the corporate LP that I may get permission to shop again. I really want to be able to shop at Kohl's again. I have learned my lesson and feel terrible. I wrote a letter but have yet to hear a response! What I really wanted to know is if anyone has had a similar experience? And if they were able to shop again/how long it took for them to get a response?

Default Re: Lifetime Ban from a Store After Theft

Quote Quoting wanderlust90
    View Post
    So I was caught shoplifting in a Kohl's store about a month ago. They retrieved the two items undamaged and made me sign a no trespass agreement. Along with this I received a civil demand letter in the mail. No cops were called. I decided to go ahead and pay the civil demand to prevent further letter and a possibility of them suing. At this point I don't believe there will be any further issues as the Loss Prevention officer said they were not pressing charges.

I was told I was banned for life, but if I wrote a letter to the corporate LP that I may get permission to shop again. I really want to be able to shop at Kohl's again. I have learned my lesson and feel terrible. I wrote a letter but have yet to hear a response! What I really wanted to know is if anyone has had a similar experience? And if they were able to shop again/how long it took for them to get a response?
    You may not be able to shop there again due to you stealing from them. Find a new chain of stores.

Quote Quoting wanderlust90
    View Post
    I was told I was banned for life, but if I wrote a letter to the corporate LP that I may get permission to shop again.
    So... you wait, perhaps a year or two, and then write a letter asking permission to shop there again.

Online shopping. Problem solved.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They have no incentive to remove the ban. The online shopping suggestion is probably your best bet.

I have read posts with people who have had the ban uplifted, but they were from years ago. Also I have a charge card with them & spend a lot of money there each year. I don't know if this will be a little incentive for them to lift it?

Also I have a charge card with them & spend a lot of money there each year. I don't know if this will be a little incentive for them to lift it?
    No incentive at all. You're lucky they haven't terminated your charging privileges. Telling them "I spend a lot of money there!" after you've been busted for stealing isn't likely to elicit much more than laughter, followed by "NO".

When I was affiliated with Kohl's in a loss prevention role, it was company policy to confiscate Kohl's charge cards possessed by a shoplifter after the ban was issued.

I am going to guess that it is no longer current policy, with the rise of online shopping and all.

1. Sponsored Links