Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Sued Twice for the Same Accident - Will a Jury Be Able to See Through This Scam

Well, the rental company lawyer is represeting my insurer and the rental company. So, there is only 1 defense lawyer but apparetly, he needs toe go ahead from the insurance company before he can begin hi low settlement.

Default Re: Sued Twice for the Same Accident - Will a Jury Be Able to See Through This Scam

If the plaintiff is willing to enter into a high-low arbitration with a high of $25,000, your own insurance company would presumably be happy with an arbitration agreement that effectively lets it off the hook. But if the insurance company wants your auto insurance to kick in toward a potential resolution that exceeds $25,000, even if the "low" is significantly lower, it will need your insurance company's agreement.

6 months later-the update is it is likely to go to trial in summer. Here are the new facts:

A) the defense lawyer has valued the case at 65-85k
    B) as per the defense Doctor the accident might be responsible for gangilion cyst which reqd a surgery
    C) the defense lawyer thinks that since trial is in a plaintiff friendly jurisdiction, there is a possibility that verdict may exceed limits.
    D) the defense lawyer - who is representing both the rental and my insurance company- has recommended an arbitration
    E) the plaintiff and the rental company are prepared for a binding hi low arbitration within the limits
    but my insurance company is not
    F) As the case could be disposed pursuant to a binding high low arbitration - which my insurance company is not prepared for- the defense lawyer has asked me to send a letter to my insurance company demanding that they settle failing which they will be fully liable for excess verdict-which I have duly done

G) if verdict exceeds limits and my insurance company refuses to pay the full verdict, the defense lawyer feels that there is a very strong, if not a slam dunk case, for bad faith given my insurance company ignored the finding of the defense Doctor: b) ignored the advice of defense lawyer: c) refused an opportunity to settle within limits.

Is this so? Does this mean, I can breathe a bit easy now?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4