Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Firearms Rights After Reduction of a Conviction Charge

Like I said, you can try and buy a firearm and risk prosecution, or run this self check through the DOJ. Your call.

Regarding the original crime then, what would usually show up on a LiveScan after a reduction and later dismissal? (I'm applying for a job on a CSU campus as a student worker)

Quote Quoting matt4200
    View Post
    Regarding the original crime then, what would usually show up on a LiveScan after a reduction and later dismissal? (I'm applying for a job on a CSU campus as a student worker)
    The CSU may only receive a list of potentially disqualifying offenses. If grand theft (now reduced to a misdemeanor theft and then dismissed) is not a disqualifying offense, they may not see it. If they do, they should see that it has been dismissed.

Honestly, I am not entirely certain what a prospective school employer might receive. I see the full response, but I am told that schools only receive a list of potentially disqualifying offenses ... so, I will have to go with they MIGHT see the theft on there.

Hmmm...I thought a LiveScan shows all data available to police/DOJ regarding an individual's arrest/conviction history?

Quote Quoting matt4200
    View Post
    Hmmm...I thought a LiveScan shows all data available to police/DOJ regarding an individual's arrest/conviction history?
    It would to a law enforcement agency, but other employers that might require it, not all of them. For instance, the Little League doesn't get your criminal history when you do a Livescan - they receive a notice that you have no disqualifying convictions. What a CSO might receive, I cannot say for sure.

Ok thank you for the info...to your knowledge would I be able to just run a LiveScan on myself at a LiveScan location and see what shows up?

You can pay for your own criminal history.

https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2