Default Discrepancy in Date of Receipt of Discovery Request

My question involves traffic court in the State of: Washington First Class Registered mail with a tracking number asking for a contested hearing & on the prosecutor's & courts official date that they say that they received it from is 4 days before i literally sent it (may 12, 2015) is that something that can favor me and perhaps be grounds for dismissal? Also a couple other things I have i would like to get some feedback and opinions on of these things possible significance or lack of significance in helping me is the citing officer claims on thee infraction that my license expired last month when it is clear that it expires in 2018 & that his claim of date is an error, also the citing officer said i was driving a dodge station wagon when i was in a full size mark III conversion van. One last question as I am left unclear within the wording of the Berrys procedural guide! The part in berry's guide that has me perplexed is this ----->
    In Berry's guide is the word "NOTICE" missing or is the word "DATE" missing when he says in the line below "and within 45 days of the infraction. See paragraph (a)(1)(i)" another part I am unclear on is in berry's guide where he says "or 120 days of the date of the infraction(if no pre-hearing conference is scheduled) is the word "NOTICE" missing after the word infraction or is it correct in what he says?
    THIS IS THE ACTUAL TEXT IN BERRY'S GUIDE I AM CONFUSED ON! -----> If a pre-hearing conference is scheduled, it must be at least 14 days from the day the notice is sent and within 45 days of the infraction. See paragraph (a)(1)(i).
    The contested hearing must be at least 14 days from the day the notice is sent and with 90 days of the pre-hearing conference (in one is scheduled) or 120 days of the date of the infraction (if no pre-hearing conference is scheduled). See paragraphs (a)(1) and (a)(1)(ii).<-----
    Thank You All In Advance That Comment! Please be nice to me as this is my first post & I am only asking these questions I can not decipher the guides info correctly compared to the rule that seem veg to me! Thanks!

Default Re: Discrepancy in Date of Receipt of Discovery Request

Quote Quoting ignorant genius
    View Post
    ....on the prosecutor's & courts official date that they say that they received it from is 4 days before i literally sent it....
    It doesn't seem likely that a minor clerical error is going to have any impact on the case; also, the time stamp on the document should indicate the actual date and time of its receipt and processing.
    ...the citing officer claims on thee infraction that my license expired last month when it is clear that it expires in 2018...
    If you were cited for driving on an expired license, obviously it would be a defense to that charge if your license was valid.
    ...also the citing officer said i was driving a dodge station wagon when i was in a full size mark III conversion van....
    I can't guess how that error occurred; it could have been a computer error if this was a computer-generated ticket. I doubt that the nature of the vehicel you were driving is going to be relevant to the traffic offense, whatever it may be, but you didn't share the relevant facts.

1. Sponsored Links