Angry Previous Owner Applied for a New Title After They Signed Over Original Title

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Georgia
    I was sold a car where the owner signed over the title and bill of sale. When I went to get the plates for this car the DMV stated that the owner had applied for a duplicate title after I purchased the vehicle. I have a bill of sale and the original title that was signed. I have paid for this car in full and have proof of payments. What are my rights in the state of Georgia. I want the vehicle and I am not interested in being refunded my money. The owner refuses contact with me and has not signed the new title over which makes it impossible for me to get plates for this car according to the DMV here in Georgia. Thank you for you time- Angry, Irritated Customer

Default Re: Previous Owner Applied for a New Title After They Signed Over Original Title

There's gotta be more to this story.

I can't imagine anybody getting his asking price in cash and then doing something like that.

Did you buy it on payments? Were you late? How long did you wait from the day you bought the car until the day you went to transfer the title?

Default Re: Previous Owner Applied for a New Title After They Signed Over Original Title

It looks like you can sue for up to $15,000 in small claims court. Serving him with a lawsuit may inspire him to start cooperating on the transfer of title.

1. Sponsored Links