Default Theft of Funds by a Representative Payee

I will make this short and sweet, my brother was having his social security benefits stolen by his payee, we gave all paper work to social security and this person was arrested last week. so iam guessing this is a federal charge? we were told she is being charged with 1 count of theft of federal property. My question is there a way to follow the court schedules on line. so we know when she is to appear,?

Default Re: Theft of Funds by a Representative Payee

Quote Quoting outbackmac
    View Post
    I am guessing this is a federal charge?
    If the charge was filed in state court, it's a state charge. If it was filed in federal court, it's a federal charge.
    Quote Quoting outbackmac
    My question is there a way to follow the court schedules on line.
    That depends on the court. Some state courts, and some courts within states, offer online dockets. The federal courts have the PACER system that allows access to court records for a fee.

If the victim works with the prosecutor's office, they should have a victim's rights officer who will make sure that they're informed of the dates of any court proceedings.

if the charge is theft of federal property would that make it a federal charge?

The victim is not employed

The theft could be charged in state or federal court. We have no way of investigating for you where charges may be, or have been, filed -- but it should be pretty obvious.

You say it should be obvious but to me its not.

here are some more facts, we turned over all bank records to our local police (cincinnati) and they felt it would be better if Social security brought charges since the amount is over 20,000 dollars, social security presented to Grand jury and they decided to indite so my understanding is she turned herself in before the Marshals arrested her. What i want to know is how to follow her case schedules. if you need more oinfo please ask.

The grand jury proceedings were either in state court or in federal court. There's your answer.

federal court

1. Sponsored Links