Default Ticket for Driving Without a Valid License, Despite Valid Indian Driver's License

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania on 05/25.Got a speeding ticket for Driving 79mph in the speed zone of 45mph for a rented car.The officer gave me another ticket for driving on indian license which she said it is not allowed. I checked on DMV Pennsylvania it does allow foreign visitor to travel for 1 year.i came here 4 months back.I stay in Boston,MA.I had taken the rented car on indian license so showed that, i got my MA license this weekend.do i need to pay the fee online or i have to appear before court.please help asap.is there any way to avoid these points getting on my driving history

Default Re: Ticket for Driving Without a Valid License, Despite Valid Indian Driver's License

The driving without a valid license, you can likely get dismissed. The speeding ticket, not so much. You'd do well to discuss the issue with an attorney.

Default Re: Ticket for Driving Without a Valid License, Despite Valid Indian Driver's License

Quote Quoting Asinghd
    View Post
    I checked on DMV Pennsylvania it does allow foreign visitor to travel for 1 year. i came here 4 months back.
    "Here" meaning that you came from India to the U.S. four months ago, or that you came to Pennsylvania from Boston four months ago? If the latter, how long have you lived in the U.S.?

Further, I believe the rule is that if your stay is only approved for less than a year, then you don't need to obtain a PA license, not that you have a year to obtain one if you are on a longer visa.

Driving without a license can be cited in several ways in Pennsylvania. Not having a physical drivers license does not carry a suspension or points in Pennsylvania. If you plead not guilty you will have an opportunity to challenge both offenses with which you were cited. The speeding offense you can likely have reduced to 5 over, which is no points, but it would be better if you could get it amended to a non moving violation. You should be represented by an attorney.

1. Sponsored Links