Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hiring a Prostitute at a Hotel

My question involves civil rights in the State of: California, Hayward

I went for a massage in a hotel where the person offering massage services was supposed to come.
    Initially I thought she already has a room in that hotel. But she didn't have one and asked me to get a room.
    I got a room using my ID and paid for 1 day. After the massage when I went to the hotel lobby I saw
    one wierd looking guy and I am concerned he may be from the law enforcement. He was talking to the hotel
    manager after I left.

Am I in trouble?

Default Re: Prostitution Law

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: California, Hayward

I went for a massage in a hotel where the person offering massage services was supposed to come.
    Initially I thought she already has a room in that hotel. But she didn't have one and asked me to get a room.
    I got a room using my ID and paid for 1 day. After the massage when I went to the hotel lobby I saw
    one wierd looking guy and I am concerned he may be from the law enforcement. He was talking to the hotel
    manager after I left.

Am I in trouble?
    No one here can possibly know if you are in trouble. However, chances are great that if you were in trouble for soliciting a prostitute you would have been arrested right then. While it is POSSIBLE that they are investigating and will later do a high-profile roundup of Johns, it's not typical.

Soooo ... did this "massage" have a happy ending, or not? However, I think I know the answer to that or you wouldn't be concerned about this. And since traveling massage therapists can come to YOUR HOME, I'm guessing this wasn't really a massage, was it?

No one from law enforcement approached me with questions/charges. Should I hire an attorney
    or should I wait for charges, if any. Typically how long does it take for a city to file charges?
    Yes, the massage had a happy ending but nothing else.

No need to hire an attorney unless or until you are questioned or charged.

Best bet would be to avoid prostitutes or you will be paranoid quite a bit. And since you have to arrange for a hotel room, I suspect that you have people at home you are hiding this proclivity from.

Thanks for the assurance. May be I am being paranoid. The suspicious guy may not be from law enforcement.
    He was in regular clothes but starring at me.
    Since I am new to all these, if charges are filed, would I have enough time to hire an attorney?
    If charges are filed, would it be easy to prove any wrong doing during the massage, since
    they don't have any proof what happened in the room?
    Also, if charges are filed, would it impact my current job (I work for a reputed software company) or future
    job prospects?
    Yes, I learnt my lesson. I will never go to hotel with that intention.

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    No one from law enforcement approached me with questions/charges.
    If any LE does approach you with questions/charges I suggest you exercise your right to remain silent and hire an attorney at that point.

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    Thanks for the assurance. May be I am being paranoid. The suspicious guy may not be from law enforcement.
    maybe he was the "massage therapists" "manager" (wink, wink)

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    It could have been anyone ... maybe someone who knew what you were up to, or, just a grumpy kinda guy. That's not how a vice cop would behave unless he was very bad at his job.

Since I am new to all these, if charges are filed, would I have enough time to hire an attorney?
    You would either receive a summons to court, or, you'd be arrested on a warrant and would be able to call an attorney from jail or have one appointed for you at arraignment.

If charges are filed, would it be easy to prove any wrong doing during the massage, since
    they don't have any proof what happened in the room?
    If they arrested you, they have proof of what happened in the room. However, if you got your happy ending, this was almost certainly NOT a sting operation.

Also, if charges are filed, would it impact my current job (I work for a reputed software company) or future
    job prospects?
    That's up to your employer. If your public image was important to your job function (as in marketing or sales), yeah, it might.

I'd be far more worried about reactions from family and friends.

Yes, I learnt my lesson. I will never go to hotel with that intention.
    I take that to mean you will find some other way to support sex trafficking.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    It could have been anyone ... maybe someone who knew what you were up to, or, just a grumpy kinda guy. That's not how a vice cop would behave unless he was very bad at his job.

You would either receive a summons to court, or, you'd be arrested on a warrant and would be able to call an attorney from jail or have one appointed for you at arraignment.

If they arrested you, they have proof of what happened in the room. However, if you got your happy ending, this was almost certainly NOT a sting operation.

That's up to your employer. If your public image was important to your job function (as in marketing or sales), yeah, it might.

I'd be far more worried about reactions from family and friends.

I take that to mean you will find some other way to support sex trafficking.
    The "guy" was there are the lobby after my massage - not before.
    Since they didn't arrest me, I am sure it was not a sting operation?
    I am sure the woman who massaged me was not from LE.
    So, if there is no proof would they even bother filing any charges?
    If so, can I be at peace? The mental harrasement I am going through right now is itself a big punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Also since they didn't arrest me on the same day, can I assume that won't file any charges?
    I know you mentioned this is not typical unless it's a high profile case. I am sure I don't belong
    to that category!

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    The "guy" was there are the lobby after my massage - not before.
    Could be any number of reasons why he was there.

Since they didn't arrest me, I am sure it was not a sting operation?
    Since you were neither arrested AND you got off, I think it is safe to say that it was NOT a sting.

I am sure the woman who massaged me was not from LE.
    So, if there is no proof would they even bother filing any charges?
    If they have no proof of a crime, no ... the police are not in the habit of charging people with crimes for which they have no evidence,

If so, can I be at peace? The mental harrasement I am going through right now is itself a big punishment.
    I'd say the odds are south of remote that any criminal charges would be pending.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast