Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Prostitution Law

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    Even if she lies, can she produce evidence that I was her pimp? Is it possible to fabricate evidence?
    Her statement becomes the evidence against you

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Her statement becomes the evidence against you
    Oh that's not good. I hope she doesn't get caught till 11AM (my checkout time).
    I guess after that I am of the hook.

I look at this way. You cannot undo what has been done. There is nothing you can do now that will change what charges might occur from this. I think itís likely that nothing will come of this, but no one here can guarantee it. Why worry yourself sick over something that might never happen? If you do get charged with something, thatís when you worry and get an attorney to assist you. In the meantime, learn from this and not repeat the mistake of violating the law.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I look at this way. You cannot undo what has been done. There is nothing you can do now that will change what charges might occur from this. I think it’s likely that nothing will come of this, but no one here can guarantee it. Why worry yourself sick over something that might never happen? If you do get charged with something, that’s when you worry and get an attorney to assist you. In the meantime, learn from this and not repeat the mistake of violating the law.
    I agree. I know I am just being paranoid - but would like to prepare for something worse, since I have never violated any law - not even traffic

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    Thanks a lot for the reassurance.
    I was worrying if they are still investigating and may take more time to file charges.
    So, I guess this is not the case.
    Since the room is still in my name (I booked for a day) till 11AM today, would I be responsible
    if the woman gets another customer to the same room? I guess if the cop catches they would be
    in trouble - not me. Right?

In the future, I would go to a reputed massage parlor, if I needed a massage, than taking all these risks.
    If you left her in the room, yeah, you could be in trouble!

This is not an uncommon scam for prostitution ... get a John to rent the room, give him a "freebie" and then bring in a parade of clients into a room under the John's name afterwards. You get a smile and run the risk of a number of charges, and the girl gets a clean and virtually untraceable place to do her business.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    If you left her in the room, yeah, you could be in trouble!

This is not an uncommon scam for prostitution ... get a John to rent the room, give him a "freebie" and then bring in a parade of clients into a room under the John's name afterwards. You get a smile and run the risk of a number of charges, and the girl gets a clean and virtually untraceable place to do her business.
    She is also on the room but I used my credit card to pay. It was only for a day till 11AM (checkout). I will make sure
    the room is checked out by then.

- - - Updated - - -

When would I know if i I am going to be charged? Is it right away or after they complete their investigation?

- - - Updated - - -

That Woman is checkout out right now
    I don't think LE knows about yesterday's incident. Otherwise would't they have blocked anyone of her clients from coming to the room? Or would they see how many clients come before they start their
    investigation?

Just spoke to the hotel to confirm that she checked out of the hotel just now.
    Can I rest assured that I am not being investigated ?
    I learnt my lessons the hard way (mental torture the last 24 hours) it could have been worse ...

Thanks for all your advice and support. Great forum!

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    In the future, I would go to a reputed massage parlor, if I needed a massage, than taking all these risks.
    It's usually a bad idea to have sex with a prostitute illegally in a place that can be traced back to you.

It's much safer to go to a massage parlor and to do that kind of stuff there. Just be sure that you park your car a block or two away from the parlor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: California, Hayward

I went for a massage in a hotel where the person offering massage services was supposed to come.
    Initially I thought she already has a room in that hotel. But she didn't have one and asked me to get a room.
    I got a room using my ID and paid for 1 day. After the massage when I went to the hotel lobby I saw
    one wierd looking guy and I am concerned he may be from the law enforcement. He was talking to the hotel
    manager after I left.

Am I in trouble?

If the girl came into the hotel lobby wearing some kind of sexually suggestive outfit, then hotel staff may have become suspicious and called the police.

I'm in Chicago, and I read about this sort of thing happening in some Chicago hotel. In the Chicago case, though, the hotel staff did not know which room the woman had entered. A police officer came to the lobby and waited for her to come back down. When she didn't come down in a timely fashion, he left.

Bottom line: If you're going to have sex with a prostitute in a hotel (as opposed to a massage parlor), then at least make sure that she dresses conservatively in the hotel lobby.

No. The lady didn't come in any provocative dress. I didn't see any cop in the hotel at any time I was there. Unless the guy who appeared wierd and who came in ordinary clothes was actuall a cop.
    I doubt the hotel manager would have called the cops. If they had called the cops they would have raided the room and charged both of us. The fact that the woman checked out of the hotel at 11am (since I paid for just 1day). If they had suspected something wrong they would have not let the woman spend till 11 am at the same room.

Quote Quoting dds
    View Post

I doubt the hotel manager would have called the cops. If they had called the cops they would have raided the room and charged both of us.
    The cops would have raided the room ONLY if the cops knew which room the woman went to. If you came into the hotel first, got the room, and then went up, and then she came to the room later, the hotel staff wouldn't know which room she was in.

Both checked in at the same time (she was on the room with her ID, though I paid using my CC).
    So the hotel staff knew very well the room #
    Regarding the 2 issues
    a. I solicited the woman - since I was not charged right then, I guess I am ok. Also no one caught us in the act and so no evidence
    b. I was a pimp - since I paid with my CC, since she already checked out of the room, I guess this shouldn't be an issue for me.

There were no cops at the hotel (except for one wierd looking guy in plain clothes)

Or unless they will investigate later, since it's a long weekend?

Moreover the woman said she is a regular client of the hotel and frequently checks in there. So, I would assume hotel staff may not have suspected
    her and so unlikely they called the cops.'

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast